1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

neutralize

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by poterbut, May 21, 2015.

1. poterbut

poterbut New Member

Does I have to neutralize after pickle and before tanning when I use TruBond ???

Cause I know with Luthan-F it's recommend to tan before neutralizing but it's a wet tan so ...

Thanks for your help

2. Guttbag22

Guttbag22 Member

Yes

3. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

The way I understand it is...

Lutan... Neutralize after pickle .. Then tan

Trubond.. Pickle hide put in tan ..then neutralize

4. If your tanning with TB-1000 or 1000B paint-on tan then Guttbag nailed it. Pickle, neutralize to neutral pH then tan. However if your using a soak tan ljones may be correct. Call TruBond to verify.

5. Yukon254

Yukon254 Member

YES you have to neutralize after pickle with Trubond....I know from experience...ruined a wolf the other day because I used cold water in my neutralize bath....

6. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

There is really no true neutral pH on a skin that is neutralized... So with that said yes tru-bond goes as this pickle neutralize then rub on, just make sure you drain the hides and or read the directions that comes with the products.

7. big dan

big dan Member

utah
    What does cold water have to do with anything? I always use cold water when I neutralize with trubond tanning with no problems

8. ysb123

ysb123 Member

Me also, always use cold water, or I might say I never use warm or hot water.... I've never had a problem with Trubond. Ever.. Great product. :) good people also.

9. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

It's been covered before. With lutan, neutralize after the tan.