1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Congratulations Jerry Huffaker

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Roy Holdridge, May 22, 2015.

1. Roy Holdridge

Roy Holdridge Member

Congratulations Jerry for making the home page! You deserve it my friend!

Roy

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Desert Bighorn Sheep mount by Jerry Huffaker of Abilene, Texas, winner of the Best in World Medium-Small Gamehead at the 2015 <A HREF="http://www.taxidermy.net/wtc/">World Taxidermy Championships</A> held earlier this month in Springfield, Missouri. This impressive piece also won the North American Champion Game Head award, the Bill Webb Memorial Award, The Safari Club International Award, the Sinclair Clark Memorial Award, the Chris Barnhardt Memorial Award, the Breakthrough Judges' Choice Best of Show, The North American Grand Champion Award, and the Taxidermist of the Year award at the 2014 <A HREF="http://www.nationaltaxidermists.com/">National Taxidermists Association</A> Convention held in Springdale, Arkansas.

2. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Yes sir, your work is an inspiration.

3. Instructor

Instructor Member

Congratulations Jerry,you are true Artist!

Manny Chavez

4. JessiJD

JessiJD New Member

Take note!

If you want to do well at a competition, all you really need to do is find this guy and go sit with him at the banquet. Hes so good his "goodness" seems to be radioactively contagious!!
    Seriously. Great guy and glad to know you. Congrats again. Expected nothing less.

5. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    Congrats buddy!!! Great sheep and you deserve everything you got with him :)

6. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

A great Taxidermist with great character and class. Congrats Jerry!

7. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Congratulations. Great looking sheep.
    Ralph

8. Matt

Matt Active Member

I hope to meet the outstanding artist behind the work someday. Congrats Jerry, you deserve it!

9. Amazing looking piece! I need to look through some pics and see some more angles of that ram. Congrats!

10. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Roll your mouse over the photo on the home page and you can see a different angle of the sheep.

11. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

I had someone ask me if I knew Mr. Huffaker at a State Show this year. I proudly said "Yes!"

Then the person said. "Don't you think it's odd how normal he is to be as good as he is?". All I could do was laugh. But it's true. Exceptional Taxidermist and the most normal, good old boy you'll ever meet!! Congratulations Jerry. Hoping you and the Texas gang will come to the Louisiana Show this weekend.

I want to share a story also. Mr. Huffaker gave a Seminar at the Oklahoma Show last year on Habitat. It was unbelievably infomative! At one point he had built a complete habitat and was putting on dirt/sand ground clutter. There was a tarp taped to the floor, but he had early on disregarded trying to keep everything on it. He's standing about 5 feet from the base and is spraying caulk water on on it and THROWING the dirt all over the base. The stuffs going everywhere and he's grinning like a possum eating peanut butter. He turns and looks at the class and says..."We're having fun now!".

It was priceless and to this day I ( take my bases outside) always hollar "We're having fun now!" as I I'm throwing the dirt on a base. Only problem is mine never look as good as his.:-\

12. Taxiserv

Taxiserv James Newport

Cheater Cheater!!!
    Jk guys that's an inside joke from years ago!!!
    Thx Jerry for the push and motivation you have always helped me strive for more!!
    Congrats!! James Newport

13. shane d

shane d New Member

CONGRATULATIONS JERRY FOR MAKING THE HOME PAGE.THIS WAS A REALLY NICE PIECE FROM THE VERY START.THANKS FOR ALWAYS ENCOURAGING ME AND FOR THE HELPING ME UNDERSTAND THE CORNER OF THE EYE. SEE YOU IN OKLAHOMA. SHANE.

14. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

One of the great people of our industry! Congrats on a beautiful piece Jerry!

-Fred Barilla

15. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

One of the great people of our industry! Congrats on a beautiful piece Jerry!

-Fred Barilla

16. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

Congrats Jerry!