1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ohio State Taxidermy Championships 2008

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Re: Ohio Taxidermy State Championships awards list with pics

I helped Dennis set this up and take down. Just like he said , about 30 seconds to take apart. Longest part was taking it to the trailer. And it is tall.
    Thanks again Dennis for bring your fine pieces to our show !!

2. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

Thanks Heath,
    Great pictures !!

3. Becky

Becky Member

Congratulations to all of the competitors - Great Job!

I would like to say that it's nice to see that PA's Paul Cz. hasn't lost his touch - he came back into the competition scene with a bang! That's 2 McKenzie awards and 4 State Champion Titles in the Same Month!
    PA State Champion in Cold Water Fish & Photography
    Ohio State Champion in Lifesize Mammals & Gameheads

How's the medallions Paul?

4. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Paul Z's Fisher was incredible, I like that one, and Brad Hendricks,His Turkey was not only great the BASE was the coolest part of it for me, anyway
    Take a look at I believe the fifth picture, The stump has the design of a Gobbling Turkey, ferns / wings Tail and even a beard.
    What he saw in that piece of wood lying on the ground that day he found it , is a gift.

5. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

thanks for pointing that out dennis, i was so busy looking at the fine taxidermy work i didnt notice the base shape on that turkey, that is awsome, definitely a deserving peice of work, Russ

6. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

My third time going to the Ohio show and once again I had a great time. Thanks to the board and officers for all of their hard work to put on a nice show.

We plan on seeing all of you next March in Grand Rapids, MI so we can show you the same hospitality.

Congrats to Trashfish for his third State Best of Show- What a fish! Way to go Terry. But I think it took you a 5 days more than one month.

7. Dreamwing

Dreamwing New Member

Thanks guys for a great show and a great time. Ohio has a great crew that makes for such a smooth running show
    Thanks for posting this so fast Heath---Now go get some sleep.....

8. im4dux

im4dux New Member

I would like to say that this was an absolute excellent show. Simply flawless operation and very smooth running show. VERY consistent judging. I would expect nothing less out of such a tight knit organization. I would like to personally thank Jim Tucker for his understanding and for allowing me to get out in time to make it to work.....Even had 15 minutes to spare. With all sincerety, thanks Jim.

9. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

Thanks Heath,and the rest of the Board,
    It was great to see this post put up so fast. The classy State Champion Medalion is one of my favorite trophies I have ever received.Thanks, Cary for your hard work in sculpting them.The Michigan gang once again enjoyed themselves.It was great to meet many new people and see others creations.Hope to make it back soon!

Terry

10. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Trashfish, next time you need to watch the company you keep. Remember you only get to make a first impression one time. I wonder what those Ohio people think of you and your list of friends? Or should I say your friends on the "LIST".

11. Heath Cline

Ohio

Now that I got some sleep and my mind is working a little better.........here are some more pics from the show.

12. Heath Cline

Ohio

more

13. Heath Cline

Ohio

more

14. Heath Cline

Ohio

more

15. Heath Cline

Ohio

more

16. boone

boone Member

Great organization + outstanding people = awesome show! Glad to be a part of it!!
    Thanks, Mike R

17. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

Congrats to all the Michigan boys who did very well in Ohio. Looks like it was a great show.
    I hope to make it next year. Anyone take a pic of Paul's Fisher from PA? I would like to see it.

Mike

18. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

That piece of wood is a real find, says a lot about the artist seeing that in it also while it was on the ground & incorporating it into the mount.

Looks like there was some really good work at the show, thank you for posting all the pics.

19. Heath Cline

Ohio

Here is two pics of Paul with his mounts. I have to apologise to Paul for MY bad picture angle , very sorry Paul. There is better pics taken by a much better photographer than myself that we will soon see, but this is just what I have and I didn't even notice it when I took the pics. So once again I am sorry. I guess I take pics about as good as I do taxidermy work !!!

20. Heath Cline

Ohio

check out this excited judge "boone"