1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ohio State Taxidermy Championships 2008

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Re: Ohio Taxidermy State Championships awards list with pics

Paul nice beard dude.

Mike looks that way because he gave a six hour seminar.

2. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

JEEZ! Heath must have really been hyped up from the show. I barely was able to drag myself to bed LOL!

I have to say I had a great time at the show and that it is too dang short.

I am proud to be involved with the group of people I am on this board now. I cannot think of a better group of people I have worked with before AT ANYTIME IN MY LIFE. I look forward to making sure ROD TENNANT, our new president, has just as much trouble with me as I did with him......but it was ALWAYS good trouble.

A few of us are meeting in an hour to start on NEXT YEAR's show. We are that excited about the things we have in store for the Ohio Taxidermists Association.

I got to meet several people fron Taxi-Net including "*" who is a very like minded individual.....except he still has his hair...... and he is telling the truth about his mount. We have more trouble handling some of the gameheads than we do did that giant piece. Thanks for bringing that incredible piece......in fact bringing it to a venue directly across the parking lot from the OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY HORSESHOE.

I will post more about the show later.....but I just wanted to get my 2 cents in before this thread b got any longer.

3. Re: Ohio Taxidermy State Championships awards list with pics

Yes Paul again had some awesome mounts, the fisher caught my eye immediately, very nice, Paul too was VERY deserving of his numerous wins at this show.

4. Paul C

Paul C New Member

Thanks for the compliments guys. It really means a lot when you get compliments like those from your peers.
    Heath, those pics kinda show what I would look like with a ZZ Top, Amish-style beard. I guess I don't have to wonder now! And NO, I won't be growing one anytime soon.
    Thanks again for a great show and thanks to OTA for the incredible Medallions by Cary "The Master" Cochran---truly works of art!

OH....Randal....you can send those "pics" we were looking at the other night to me any time you want. A little "comic relief" never hurt anyone.

I'll PM you my email address.

5. tre

tre New Member

OHIO

Great show...congrats to the winners I gotta say i was really impressed with Mike Rohanna with the whitetail judging mike was able to explain to me why i scored what i did and the areas i needed to improve on in very good detail thanks mike...also special thanks to all the guys on the OTA great show guys they worked very hard and i know a few that went without any sleep thanks again.! WOW was those medallions Cary Cochran and Rod Tennant made nice....I hope you are still making them Cary when i am able to win one...Ha ..Ha ..Special thanks for adding such a nice piece to the OTA ..makes Ohio kinda stand alone to win them pieces ..Brian Banbury on the auction..wow can that guy make you buy something you have no use for ha..ha..Jim Tucker, Heath Cline and all the other board ..Great show ..And one more very special thanks to John Griffith the guy who got me here John is a very good instructor and has really helped me to understand the quality in whitetail mounting ,the long road it takes to getting the blue ribbon i cant thank John Griffith enough if anyone had seen my work before I went to john they would Understand how much of a asset and friend john as been to my goal of becoming one of the best! Well enough said very pleased with the results and OTA Great job!..

6. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

Great show.. and them Indiana boys did,t do to bad. thanks for a great show and a good time, i hope to see you next year. i thank the good Lord that i am better looking then Brian Banbury who by the way put a great seminar on, a flying chicken i mean on a kentucky fried chicken!,on some kind of bird, you know us guys that do deer we don't know what kind of chicken he mounts,but what ever it is he does a great job.,hahahahah.........no really Brian your a great guy and im glad to see you there... and im lookin forward to seeing you at other shows...You, Steve and Cary are great people they don.t come anybetter than you guys. I also want to thank Neil Fowler for helping me along the way, it means alot! to me he's a good friend.I also want to thank Mike Rohanna he is a great judge.

7. Dreamwing

Dreamwing New Member

Thanks for the kind words Doug! You always had the prettiest smile!!! You look like you can bairly hold in the excitment of your victory on that land carp! Congradulations-I always enjoy seeing all my friends from the Hoosure state

8. JETT

JETT Member

I will also like to thank the many competitors for coming to the OTA show this year. There was same outstanding work there. Thanks for bringing the Elk and Cougar mount Dennis it has inspired me to start working on something for next year. Plus us Ohio boys need to work a little harder to keep those medallions in Ohio. But its nice to see some new faces. Congrats to all the winners and hope to see everybody back next year.
    Thanks Jett

9. Re: Ohio Taxidermy State Championships awards list with pics

;) WOW looks like it was an awesome show! Really bummed I couldn't make it!!

Congrats Paul !!!! ;D and everyone else for some of what looks like from the pics, TERRIFIC work!! AWESOME JOB!!

10. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Well just make sure and come next time.

11. Re: Ohio Taxidermy State Championships awards list with pics

Already on the agenda Jim!

12. Todd K

Todd K New Member

Thanks for posting all the pics Heath. I just could not get inspired to compete this year. Hope you all had a good time and congrats to all who won awards. The mounts look awesome!

13. cwt

cwt Active Member

once again it was a great show and me and the wife wait for next year.i lways learn alot.rod and jim or whomever it may concern i talked to rod the new president at the show and told him if the board needs help or need anything from this end of the state to give me hollar Rod has my number