1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Western Regional Taxidermy Competition 2008

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

June 5th through June 7th, 2008
    The The 2008 Western Regional Taxidermy Competition
    Sponsored by the <A HREF="http://idahotaxidermistsassoc.com/">Idaho Taxidermists Association</A>
    Doubletree Riverside, Boise, ID
    Contact <A HREF="mailto:[email protected]">Dino or Amy Hugon</A> at (208) 462-3686.

2. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Active Member

Idaho
    Western Regional Taxidermy Championships Update
    The Idaho Taxidermists Association is excited and proud to be hosting the 6th Western Regional Taxidermy Championships this year, June 5th through June 7th, at the Doubletree Hotel, Riverside, in Boise, Idaho.

We have fabulous seminars, great judges, and super prizes planned for this event. It’s going to be a great show!

Judges are Rick Krane, Bob Ulshafer and Harry Whitehead.

We have a full lineup of exciting seminars scheduled by Steve Faechner, Rick Krane, Mike Gillis, Randy Life, Bob Ulshafer, Ken Walker, Tom Weickum, and Harry Whitehead. We also have children’s seminars and activities planned so bring your family. The ITA always hosts a family friendly event.
    See our website www.idahotaxidermistsassoc.com for more info on the seminars. We hope to have a seminar schedule posted next week.

SPECIAL AWARDS
    • Best in the West Best in Show - $1200 cash prize and trophy for Judge’s Choice Best of Show
    • Best in the West Best of Category – all Best of Category winners in Open and Masters receive $100 cash and trophy
    • Jim Hall Award of Merit - $100 cash for the mount that best depicts Man’s interaction with our wildlife resources
    • Competitors Award - $200 cash for the highest combined score for any 4 mounts entered in any category or combination of categories in Open or Masters. Mounts must be designated at time of check-in.
    • Sunrise Award – trophy for highest scoring mount by competitor under 16 years old
    • Taxidermist Challenge - Here’s your chance to show everyone what you can do! This year’s challenge (chosen by the last winner, Chris Krueger) is a javelina. Prove your skill with this mount! Winner receives trophy and cash (amount determined by number of entries)
    • Research Best Novice Youth Award - $100 gift certificate to best novice mount by competitor under 16 years old
    • Research Best Novice Adult Award - $100 gift certificate to best novice mount by adult
    • Best in the West Best All Around Taxidermist – trophy to highest scoring average on four mounts, one each in fish, birds, gameheads and lifesize

We are working a number of other awards and will announce details as info becomes available.

The Doubletree Hotel is offering us a special room rate of $84 for rooms booked by May 15th. Contact Doubletree for reservations at 1-800-222-TREE or 208-343-1871.

This show is going to be special! We look forward to seeing you there!

I copied and pasted this from Carol's post in the Industry section.

I also wanted to let everyone know that we will have a ten day African Safari available at the Live auction on Saturday night at the Banquet.

3. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Active Member

Idaho
    I just wanted to let everyone know that the block of rooms that are available at the reduced rate are filling up fast. If you are planning on attending the the show it would be best to make your reservations ASAP. If you need any info on other lodging feel free to contact me [email protected] or Amy Hugon at [email protected]

4. RDA

RDA Active Member

western regionals ???????????????????

SSOO seen a lot of show pics this am,, from Texas and Nebraska, but nothing from the western regionals ??? ??? ???Ya bunck of apathetic yahhoooos start posting some pics!! :D

5. Judysan

Judysan The Roadkill Queen

Re: western regionals ???????????????????

That's cuz we were still drivin' Ron. I'm exhausted. (By the way, where were YOU??) Give me a chance to pat the kitties and take my shoes off. I have some general pictures, but only a few up close that I liked, and, of course, I don't know anyones name. Someone else will have to help me out. It was a great show. ID broke it's record for entries. I think there were 154(??) Some excellent pieces.

6. Judysan

ok ...?

7. Judysan

sorry, some are blurry :-\

8. Judysan

more

9. Judysan

and

10. Judysan

close-ups

11. Judysan

didn't take nearly enough photos

12. Judysan

others

13. Judysan

last few

14. RDA

RDA Active Member

THANKS Judy :D :eek: :eek: nice pics appreciate it!

15. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

those redbones baying that mt. lion amaze me everytime i see it, i love that scene, thanks for posting the pics of the show, Russ

16. fineart

fineart New Member

the show was awsome,some of the best quality mounts ive seen at any show.Thanks to the ITA board members.

17. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

6th Annual Western Regional's Photos

I wanted to add a few photos too the ones that are all ready out there of the 6th Annual Western Regional's. I had the opportunity and the pleaser to be a part of this years show. It is always a honor to be asked to Judge and or be a part of such an event. I want to thank all the volunteers the officers and directors who work so hard to make the show run as well as it did! The show was very unexpectedly up in numbers nearly 40% how wonderful is that but lots of more hard work to make it all work!! Great work you folks! If you ever have the opportunity to attend this even you won't be disappointed with the great seminars and the really great folks who attend with you. The friendly people of the Idaho taxidermy association will make you feel apart of the family and most welcomed!

Here are some pictures of the tremendous talent of the members and the participants of the Western Taxidermist's of the country and beyond who attend the show.
    I hope you enjoy the pictures.
    Rick Krane

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. AmyH

AmyH New Member

Leaf art was darn close - we had 158 pieces. Our previous show record was 115 pieces!

And if your name was Dirk Bawden, you so cleaned up! ;D

19. AmyH

AmyH New Member

Re: 6th Annual Western Regional's Photos

Thanks Rick - for the pictures and for the work judging! Amy