1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Price around Charlotte NC

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Fieldmaster Taxidermy, Jun 4, 2015.

1. I have a guy from NC wanting a remount...what's the going rate for a whitetail shoulder mount in the Charlotte area

2. 3 hours east is around $425 plus cape if we do not have one that will work. Not sure if this helps

3. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

Not to sound rude but, what difference does it make what the price is elsewhere, besides in your shop?

4. The difference is that I want to let him know if it's worth him paying shipping both ways after all it's a friend of a relative

5. Rookie...thanks for your input it gives me a rough idea

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I always love the 'friend of a relative'! LOL

Charge what you charge and let him pay shipping.

Seriously though, NC is like everywhere else, $250-$800 for a shoulder mount whitetail.

7. Charging my normal shop price BUT if it's cheaper to have it done there then I'll tell him...no wonder I don't post on here very often...as far as that goes I've noticed not to many people do anymore...and I can see why

8. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Yah I can see why people don't post on here much any more, it's posts like this. Everyone wanting to give someone a deal instead of focusing on their own bottom line like Kevin said no offense but relatives and friends of relatives should pay full price instead of expecting to get a deal. Not that you are going to give a damn one way or the other, I had a relative that I gave a deal to. As a matter of fact all they paid for was materials cost for a very nice full body mount with habitat work. This relative does HVAC work and I needed a new air conditioning compressor, long story short he was going to charge me full price when I needed him. Actually after he quoted it to me I got a couple more prices because it just seemed kind of high. The two prices I got were within $100. Of each other and his 40% higher than my second lowest price.

I would think that if this guy wants your work he will either pay you for the shipping cost or pay it himself. Sounds to me like he likes your work and wants you to do it and not someone in his local area.

9. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

But you did.

I think everyone was civil and on point, what the **** is wrong with people answering your post with their opinions?