1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New tattoo idea

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by sdrenth, Jun 15, 2015.

1. sdrenth

sdrenth New Member

MI
    Hello, I got this tattoo when I was a teenager. At the time, I loved fishing and drew this up and decided it would look good on my arm (and also everyone else was getting tattoos) so I went ahead and got it... I still love fishing today along with hunting and everything else outdoors related. I'm working on a new design to cover up the parts of the tattoo I dislike (the big hook, and the lure), and to involve some other interests of mine.
    I'm posting this because I'm looking for other people with an "artistic eye" to give me their opinion on the new design. After working on something for too long, I sometimes can't see something that would improve the overall look so let me know what you think. Thanks in advance
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I think you did a fantastic job, I like it a real lot. I would go with it !!

3. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Both are far too dark "blobs" IMO. Not much of a choice with something that dark and thick. Either put some color in your cover-up or go through the removal procedures. IMO the cover up is even a bigger mess! Sorry, just being honest! IMO the tat industry NEEDS a minimum artistic standard to become an "artist". I thought there were a lot of hacks in taxidermy! These idiots PRACTICE on skin! Too bad you can't tat yourself! Your fish work is beautiful!

4. I actually think that's really awesome. Not sure about the little dude at the bottom, looks weird and cant tell what it is. I like the antler!

5. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Yeah Steve....I know this is not what you want to hear but I thought the original was fine. Pretty cool in fact. I do like the feather on the new one though...........hope you're working on a piece for next years show and see you then. I'll be able to see that tat in person then.....lol.