1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Box of chocolate Freeze dried turkey heads

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by crisptaxidermy, Jun 16, 2015.

1. crisptaxidermy

crisptaxidermy New Member

Looking for another company to freeze dry turkey heads. For ten years have gotten nothing but quality heads from Hazel Creek. The last two hanging dead looked like hammered crap. Complained about the last one and the next one was worst than the first. Got the runaround on them. Have tried other companies in the past and were box of chocolate heads. Now I am dealing with another one. Please someone help me with finding a company with the best head made. Money is not a problem for a quality head. My belief is if you advertise a photo of a head then you should not receive anything less. Thanks, help appreciated.

2. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Boondocks

3. Boondocks, They do great heads

4. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

Hands down call Brett

5. capnmike

capnmike New Member

Boondocks is going to give you the most accurate head available. He is committed to that. He personally puts his hands on or sets up every freeze dry head that comes out of his shop. There is no other company that you will have a multiple world champion turkey guy doing your heads.

6. brettdef

brettdef Member

Thank you all that have suggested Boondocks. We are committed to quality and have had some issues over the past several months due to some things out of our control. We just want you to know that the comment Mike made is true. Brett is DOING EVERY HEAD THAT COMES IN THE DOOR AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO. You may have a hard time getting him on the phone for a while but that issue is only due to trying to get all of our customers heads mounted and back to them in a timely matter. We are here every day and we are busy but every person who leaves a message will get what they need and a response. We are trying very hard to get back to what this business was founded on. Quality heads and hands down the best customer service you will ever get. Brett will be answering questions and giving tips to you again but for now we have to get all of our customers heads and body orders done in the most timely manner possible. He told me a long time ago his goal was to have the best turkey heads and products for the taxidermy industry to use but the most important thing to him was to teach those of you that use his products what he was thinking when he designed them. Without that knowledge its just another body. You can have all the tools in the world at your finger tips but without knowledge to use them they will never help you. He is trying to find a way to get the knowledge to you and hopefully soon he can again have a daily or at least weekly time for answering any questions you may have.

Thanks you for understanding and remember somethings might look the same from a distance but when you get close you may realize you were fooled.

Thanks to all of you that have made our business a success and we will continue to move forward and serve this industry the best way we can.

Terri DeFreitas (Bretts Wife)

Brett and I are the only ones here and we will get with back with you if we don't get the phone please leave a message and we will get back with you.

7. crisptaxidermy

crisptaxidermy New Member

I will be doing business with Boondocks.

8. You won't regret it! Boondocks is the best people and product!

9. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Just got these back from Ravenel Freeze Dry in Covington, GA. They do really nice turkey heads! Phone number is 770-262-4431.

[​IMG]

10. turkeyshooter

turkeyshooter Member

Ditto on Ravenel and Boondocks!