1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Todays youth

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Dark Man, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Dark Man

Dark Man Well-Known Member

So my 14 year old daughter text me at 5pm to see when she should be home, here is the back and forth:

Daughter: text me when i should come home

Me: by dark

Daughter: i dont know when that is

Me: by dark: before there is no more light

Daughter: i know that,i mean what time

Me: what are you not getting, i want you in this house before it is dark out

Daughter:i get that! I just dont know what time that is!

Me: i quit

Lmao! I dont know why this was so hard for her to get,after this conversation she actually googled sunset times and found out when she should be home.now dont get me wrong i love my kids,but.come on man! This isnt rocket science.i thougt being a freshmen in high school she would be able to figure it out,after all,shes at the park one blick away! Then again, this is the same girl who somehow cooked her phone in the microwave while heating up leftovers.

2. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

Kids are clueless because they have their faces plastered in those dam phones all the time playing games or texting. Worst thing invented. :)

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

My grandkids are the same way. They come over with the great grand kids to visit and they just sit there on their phones and zone out. They almost engage in conversation but only half hearted. So now when they come over, we make them leave the phones in the car and man, are they distraught and anxious with out them. Having said that, I would really like to to know what time is "by dark"? Is it that dark is 9:30 and "by dark" is 9:29 or is "by dark" anytime that there is natural light made by the sun? Also, do you mean "by dark" is that dark at your house or dark in your state. There is always light some where? By dark do you mean no light from the sun or when everyone turns out their lights? Artificial light? Why are you so confusing? This is the kind of response I used to get from the grandkids. By the way I raised my grand kids as my own from birth. They are my step sons abandoned children. So they are my kids and I'm there grandpa/dad.

4. Dark Man

Dark Man Well-Known Member

My mistake fellas i meant for this to be in the current events forum

5. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

No problem - I enjoyed it here!

6. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

me too, just pulled a response from me!

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

My kids knew it was "by dark" and they never EVER had any reason to question in. My oldest is now 42 and she posted on Facebook a meme that showed a street light lit in the waning light of sunset with the caption: "If I ever saw this, I knew I was already in trouble." Damned skippy.

8. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Thats right George. We had a fire whistle that blew every night at 9pm. If for some reason it didn't blow or you didn't hear it, those street lights were the back up. Every now and then we could get away with "I didn't hear the siren".
    Hard to argue the street lights didn't come on.

9. magicmick

magicmick magicmick

I was always playing footy after school and had to be home by 5pm for dinner,once the sun reached as low as the gum trees it was 5pm.most the time i was spot on.thanks for the post brought back good memories