1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What is a Taxidermy Business really appraised at??????

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by smittys llc, Jun 19, 2015.

1. smittys llc

smittys llc New Member

??????? what is taken in and accounted for freezers, tools, mounting stands??????? once the shop or property is sold??? the building is the only value???? we as taxidermist are only valued on what we can produce??? We are the artists?????

2. gab

gab Active Member

some people try to buy/sell clientele but it doesn't work .you are the shop and the shop is you .pretty much only the tangibles have a market value.Property buildings and equipment

3. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

NAILED IT 8) 8) 8)

Just like a person that works with Wood or Cars or anything else like this.,,, buildings and equipment only have Value

4. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I know a guy who sold his business, not his building, for $50,000. There is more to a successful business than brick and mortar, there is a market. This rarely applies to taxidermists, because when it comes to business, we are mostly idiots.

5. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Joey that's why we are Taxidermists and not millionaires

6. A taxidermy friend of mine got a divorce. His wife wanted half the value of his business. He just closed his shop and then the value was zero. After the divorce was final he re-opened. The judge agreed with him. He worked out of his house so she already got half of that.

7. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Ain't that the truth Joey! I too know somebody that is selling their business - not quite that much, but better than nothing!

Bucknut - "half the value"? Your friend should've asked his soon to be ex-wife for some money then - lol!