1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Live reference pen

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by driftwoodhomes, Jun 19, 2015.

1. I was wanting to see how some of you guys have your live pens set up. I was wanting to build one for a few whitetail and bird. Or two separate. How big, layout, and anything going into it that would help me or you would do different on yours. Thanks

2. You need to know the requirements of your species. That is everything. Some birds require more space,climate control etc. Once thats taken care of then its a matter of how much money you want to put into it to make it functional and natural looking all at the same time. Two enclosure examples on the low and hi end for the same species of bird Bornean Fireback pheasants. These birds up North where I am require heat during winter months. So figure out your budget but make sure the birds are content. You'd be surprised at what natural behaviors you'll miss out on by keeping a bird in an insufficient enclosure and thats what having live reference is all about.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. mvernelson,

Are you in northern Wisconsin?

4. Southwest WI. Richland Center. Just moved!