1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Maine convention 2015 inquiry

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by ofearthandbone, Jun 20, 2015.

1. ofearthandbone

ofearthandbone New Member

Due to the recent rage of non traditional taxidermy mounts does anyone have an option from past years submissions. Wondering if there will be more "abstract" styles....euro mounts....skeleton rearticulations....these do fall under different taxidermy styles.

2. Jillian@AnglersArtistry

Jillian@AnglersArtistry Working hard to make the world a fishy Place!

Rick and I were just talking to George Dante about this. Rick will be Judging NJ this week and their assoc. will have this category and discipline of art so I would like to see where this question goes.

KK

3. ofearthandbone

Very cool! I hope this thread gets a lot of different thoughts. I myself am still an apprentice/novice but would like to go this year. Skulls and bones my first passion. I would love to see this open up to more styles and artists.

4. ofearthandbone

Just checked maines convention site...looks like they just added a new catagory..."original art"....so cool!

Original Art Entries: This is for those entries that do not fit into a category. This may include skeletons, skulls, horn/antler plaques, manikin sculptures, bronze sculptures, drawn or painted artwork, mythical creatures, rugs, etc. The highest scoring original art entry will win the Best Original Art ribbon.