1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Would like some opinions

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by doublegun, Jun 24, 2015.

1. I have kind of a funny story. I had a customer that wanted his new retriever's first retrieve mounted. It was a early season blue wing teal hen and not much in the looks category. I remembered seeing somewhere a lab bust statue with a dead mount in it's mouth and without checking availability first, I stuck the proverbial foot all the way up to the knee in my mouth. I couldn't find one anywhere. I didn't want to go back on my word so I decided to try and sculpt, mold and cast my own. Well, here is the result. I would like anyone that will give me there opinion of it. I put up a pic of the sculpture before and after with the bird. It's not completely finished yet, I still have to do the finish work on the bird and put a brass name plate on the base of the sculpture, but you will get the idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I think that looks incredible. Especially considering you made all that. Your client will LOVE it I'm sure!

3. That's really cool.

4. wilcox1088

wilcox1088 Active Member

That is awesome. Looks great

5. Really nice! You should market those. I bet they would do well.

Bruce

6. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

A guy I know wanted the head and he found the guy that made them but he stopped making them. Last I heard he is on a waiting list incase he molded them again. Do you sell these, if so how much

7. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

very nice job

8. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

Sweet!

You are very talented.

Oh, I forgot to add, to be more authentic you should probably add some lab drool . . .

9. Fantastic Job! Now you have a mold! ;)

10. Very nice, you really captured the look and the personality of a lab.

11. Nice Job all the way around. If you do decide to do more of the lab sculps email me and let me know. Would be interested.

12. Matt

Matt Active Member

You did an outstanding job! I love it!

13. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Nicely done - I would be interested in one also!