1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A big THANK YOU to the Garden State Taxidermy Association! PHOTOS!!!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Rick Krane, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Garden State Taxidermy Association Makes History and Still Rocks New Jersey!

A Big Thank you for the great time I had at the Garden State Taxidermy Association! What a show! Yes there was a lot of talent and a incredible showing of art beauty and history as the Garden State Taxidermy Association joined forces with the Rouge Taxidermy Association and we all had a great time sharing lot of fun and knowledge with one another as the common found of friendship and talent was realized!

I want to thank the Garden State Taxidermy Association for once again honoring me with opportunity to judge the show along with my fellow Judges Lou Gagaliano, Richard Christoforo, and George Dante! Great seminars, great Banquet and action so many laughs and lots of memories!

Here are some photos of the show I hope you like it and see hat you missed in NJ!

I want to share some photos from the 2015 Garden State Taxidermy Association convention!

Go to our Business FB page at https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry

My Best

Rick Krane

2. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Glad to hear the show was great. First time missing it in 14 years, but the dates were changed as my son's graduation and party along with a planned vacation in a week, plus a 5K worth of tanning bills came in all around the same time LOL. Happy my good friend Rich as first year President was a success. Paul B.

3. roadkillonroute3

roadkillonroute3 New Member

It was such a great weekend! Thank you for coming out to judge and for being open to the Rogue Division! Turn to page 58 in Rob's Taxidermy Art book, I forgot to sign it for you ;-)

4. Just home, traffic was crazy. Talk about crazy,,, the show had some crazy great mounts. Thanks to the fun rogue taxidermists/artists for letting us party with you ;)

See you all next year.

Gregg I

5. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

I want to thank everyone at the GSTA show for a great show and a great time . Thank you for having me as a judge. There was some great work as usual. The Rogue division was a eye opener for me . I didn't know what to expect but was pleased with the ideas and compositions . I was drawn to the Ermine Nun . Plus all the Rogue ladies were lovely and very nice. Robert , you were also a very interesting guy. My brain is working on a Rogue piece now.

6. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

Great show! Richard, it was great to see you again, and to see that you are doing well. I always enjoy our conversations.

... by the way everyone it is spelled "ROGUE," not "Rouge". LMAO!!

-Fred

7. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Nice pics but Rogue Division....Really?......I hope the Michigan show never lowers itself to that form of taxidermy mockery.......the lamb on the cross was the most disappointing one to me..........kinda shocked any board would approve a division like that....

8. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Well-Known Member

Brian, plenty of traditional taxidermists already lower the standards of taxidermy just by being horrible. I was not there, but I support the division, I heard the rogue taxidermists sat in on many seminars and were blown away by the quality of what they were seeing and being taught. What does it matter if it's a squirrel with wings? If it's done properly, who are you to say they've lowered themselves below some man made standard? It generated a lot of money for the gsta, gained new members, and may open doors to the next great traditional taxidermist... And ps, it's a lamb, as in lamb of god. Not a horse... It isn't art if someone doesn't like it... Keep up the good work jersey!!!

9. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Thank you Fred, my new grammar teacher. I think the anatomy on the Rogue taxidermists will get better and the conventional
    taxidermists will come up with some really creative Rogue mounts. Next year will be interesting.

10. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    I'm all for promoting taxidermy but shaking my head. I guess it's art, but not my cup of tea. This stuff will make wildlife artists who truly respect the game look like weirdos to the general public. The public will remember the rouge mounts not the perfect other mounts. I guess I'll just have to realize it's 2015 and everyone is "special" these days..

11. A fantastic time! Thank you GSTA for inviting me to judge, it was a pleasure to see such talent in both categories. For me, these events are more like family reunions, and it was great to see the rest of the "family!"

Best to all,
    George

12. magicmick

magicmick magicmick

thanks for sharing photos rick

13. To anyone that thinks rogue is not right ,,, well how many of you have done Rabbits with antlers ? Faces on deer rumps ? Small mammals holding something ? Well my friends , that is all Rogue Taxidermy. We have all been doing it for a long long time & I stand with NJ Garden state board for having a show with these taxidermists, yes they are taxidermists, are allowed display their creative art/taxidermy along with the normal mounts. Trust me that show next year the rogue class will be huge.

Gregg I

ps: see you soon "brother George " :)

14. NJTrapper

NJTrapper Member

Wow! Did we have a show or what? Well beyond expectations. I would like to thank our judges, Rick Krane, Lou Gagliano, Richard Cristoforo, George Dante, Robert Marbury, as always, you guys did an excellent job. Proud to have that kind of expertise in the room. I would like to thank all the vendors for coming, you really filled the room, and I would like to thank all the other Associations, New York, Connecticut, Maine, Vermont, all of you, for helping with our show.
    Say what you want about the rogue division, but these were some of the nicest folks. Not only did they bring pieces for their division, but they also entered pcs in the other divisions. They had their own seminars, and they also sat in on the other seminars. It was a good blend, and everyone was eager to learn something new, and that is what it is all about.
    This years show, we took up 3 rooms, one for the show room, 1 for the vendor room, and 1 for the dinner room. The hotel made us an offer for next year, at the same price, to have the entire up stairs of the hotel, giving us something in the neighborhood of 5000 sqf of space. This means the show room AND the vendors will be in the same area, and the seminar rooms will be on the same floor. I think it will be a win-win.
    We had our elections after the show, and we have some new blood, hopefully with new ideas to bring things forward. Keep an eye out.

Thank You.
    Rick Baumann
    Pres. GSTA

15. JOHNNY B

JOHNNY B New Member

by the way the rogue division of taxidermy was started in Minnesota

16. Brian W

17. AJM WILDLIFE DESIGN

AJM WILDLIFE DESIGN New Member

Thanks to all for the hard work to put on an incredible show. It was great to hang with old friends and was awesome to make new friends with all the Rogue taxidermists. Im also honored to be voted in as the new Vice President of the GSTA. I promise next years show will be even bigger and more incredible!!.
    As far as not liking the Rogue division thats fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Not everyone will like it. I didn't think i would like it either but I actually loved the creativity that these fine people came up with. They also seemed completely floored by the fine work of us traditional taxidermists. It was a win win weekend for sure and a new relationship that will last for a long time. As far as pieces of controversy this is all new and the board will discuss the guidelines and we will adjust accordingly as needed. Again thanks to all and a huge thank you to some of the most knowledgeable judges in the industry!!

18. I thought the show was great! Met a lot of great people, had very informative seminars, and the judges were great. The mounts were incredible also. Im really looking forward to next years show already!

19. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Taxidermist (definition)- artist with closed mind towards other interpretations of others art :)

20. Brian W

Not a taxidermist Michael as you should know when I sent you all those pictures of my office you requested back in the day. I only do a fish for family, friends and comps. Is my mind closed to a fish with a fur coat and a tail...absolutely. I don't have a problem with their desire to create those pieces. If they want to create that form of art, go for it. I just don't see it at a judged State or World show.
    My idea of "competitions" mind you, not "exhibitions" (big difference here) is to attempt to mirror nature as best you can. Critiques that include eye roll and fin attitude, proper musculature, flow, casting parts, proper caudel junctions, mouth details, scale tipping, fin thickness, head to body transition, and the presentation of fish are some of the areas that "open" my mind. I've gone from a no place rookie to placing second in a World Comp. THAT'S what comp means to me Michael and I'm a better fish guy for it. My drive has a few more gears to hit for sure but that's how I'm wired when it comes to competitions.........again my opinion.