1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Al Belanger has passed away

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Richard C, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

After a long bout with many things Al passed away yesterday, 6-29-2015 at noon. He was 77 on June 14 , 2015 . He has been in hospitals for the last 6 or 7 weeks and finally had a massive stroke , his second, he came through the first one a year ago . Al has been doing taxidermy since he was a kid , like a lot of us. Al was the first Freeze Dry Taxidermist in the east. He did a lot of Freeze Dry along with conventional taxidermy. I've known Al for 60 years and will miss him very much. We went to many national and state shows together and he had many friends in this industry. He is with our mutual friend now , Burt from Burt's taxidermy . I hope they are sitting down together to a big dish of fried clams like they did every weekend.
    Rest in Pease old friend !

2. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

Condolences and prayers to his family and friends. Rest in peace.

-Fred

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

So sorry to hear Richard. So very sorry.

4. Kastaway

Kastaway Taxidermist, Pioneer of Freeze Drying 1969

I remember Al and well Richard so well, for Al was the one of the first to buy a freeze dry machine from me when I built and sold freeze dryers. Richard came with Al and that was the start of a great friendship with both, eventhough we haven't talked much lately. Al was a great guy and my first real encounter with guys with the eastern way of speaking, if you know what I mean. So sorry to hear Al is gone. It does bring back a lot of good memories. Rest in peace Al

5. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Sad news. So many memories from the early days and our shows in the north east. Al was certainly a fixture at them.

6. dougp

dougp Active Member

Always sad and difficult to lose a good friend. My condolences to all his family and friends.

DougP

7. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

So Sorry to Rich and Al's family
    Tony Finazzo

8. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    That phone call yesterday made sense now Richard. We'll do our best.
    Our deepest sympathy with prayers and thoughts goes out to his family and dear friends.
    Rest in peace Al, thanks for all the old paper forms you gave me, most with your name on them too.

9. JOHNNY B

JOHNNY B New Member

on behalf of the GARDEN STATE TAXIDERMISTS ASSOCIATION
    OUR condolences to all his family and friends

10. Very sorry to hear, condolences to his family and friends.

11. Bruce_Rittel

Bruce_Rittel Consultant Services

Sorry to hear about Al. I always looked forward to seeing him at the Shows. He was a man I enjoyed talking to - I'll miss him! My sympathy to his family. Rest in Peace Al!

12. Condolences to his family, Rest in Peace

13. Nathan

Nathan Active Member

RIP Al. Never met him, but talked to him on the phone a couple of times. Very nice guy.

14. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

My personal condolence goes out to Al's Daughter and Brother and Sister, A long time friend and a very talented taxidermist and a good guy! A good life in 77 years with lot of friends and lots of laughs! I'll miss you Al! Heres to you Mister Boy!

Rick Krane

PS: Ken, thank for the front Page for Al he would have got a big kick out of that honor!

15. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Sorry to hear he's gone. He was a hoot at the shows and a good taxidermist. He was starred on the PICKERS TV show and sold them a mounted elephant head.Rest in peace Al. JL

16. sterling

sterling My son and my 2011 Moose

Very sad news. Condolences to his family. Rest in Peace Al.

17. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

My sincere condolences. :-(

18. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Al's appearance on a 2012 episode of the History Channels' "American Pickers" is available for viewing here: http://www.taxidermy.net/ken/?p=1304

19. boxerpet

boxerpet Harry Paulson-grateful

Dick and I as good friends have know Al since the 80's. He was a very talented taxidermist.
    At an early NTA stow I met him and was quite impressed with his freeze dry work.
    Being interested in freeze dry and its durability, I purchased a beautifully mounted Rooster from him. As I now sit in my office, I am looking up at that Rooster and it is as beautiful a bird as I have seen at recent World Shows.

Rest in piece my friend.

Harry

Attached Files:

20. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Oh, so sorry to hear of the passing of Al. He was a fixture in this industry from WAY back in the day. Got to meet him a couple of times years back. A good man. What a loss ... Rest in Peace, good sir.