1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Grooming or licking a limb

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by DogSoldierChick, Jul 2, 2015.

1. I have a taxidermist choice mount. "Something creative". I want to do a grooming pose or licking a limb.

I prefer grooming... Is Foster the only company who carries that form? Can I see some examples?

When it comes to limb licking who's forms are the best for a 18 inch southern deer? Pics of any to give me ideas...

Thanks in advance!!

2. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

I think Second to Nature had some.

3. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

Rachel, this is fosters form I am working on now for a customer ,, pain in the butt to mount ...i cut the head off to get the cape on and you need to leave the head detached to be able to tuck the mouth and set the eyes he didn't want the tounge to show so I altered the mouth on the form.I reattached the head to the form before sewing..thinking about putting a dried horse fly or maybe a butter fly on the shoulder when I finish it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    VanDykes has a groomer pose that should work good for you. I've used it before, use the half jaw and tongue set. Make deep relief cuts in the tight turn and it isn't too terrible. Any questions drop a pm.

5. http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/WTV-900-P2774C1790.aspx

6. hfparker

hfparker New Member

this is one I have posted before done a few years ago. Altered Gene Smith WD 6317hr[​IMG]

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

If your client isn't paying you that extra $300 for the open mouth, you simply can't go wrong with Fosters. They sell the tongues (liking up or licking down) that simply allow you to install the tongue into the lipline. I didn't cut the head off the last one I did, but maybe I just got lucky.

8. butterbean

butterbean New Member

Did the same has Mr. Jones a few years back only showed the tongue & turned it into a cedar floor pedestal. I have used both 2nd to nature & fosters with fosters to me being easier to work with.

9. I was just going to do the toungue. On the QDMA magazine cover this month is a buck grooming. It's a great reference. Those look great! Thanks for all the advice. Larry I imagine it will be a pain but I need a break from semi sneak. Lol

10. Second 2 nature taxidermy out of LA has grooming deer and pedestal also.