1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Critique my deer

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Bucknut, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Go ahead. I can handle it!! I've been at this a while and would appreciate any comments. This is a big Iowa deer.

Bruce Norton
    Norton's Lost Arrow Taxidermy
    Rushford, MN

2. wildwood

wildwood New Member

Looks awesome! Nice eyes and ear butts! the only thing I see, and it not much is you could "flood" the nose with some liquid crystal to make it seem wet. just my 2 cents. It is beautiful!

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I like it :D

4. FRANKY

FRANKY New Member

Beautiful

5. I like it

6. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

The eye's and ears look great, Good Job!...The brisket looks like it's out of center?

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

To me,,,,,,, the nose pad bumps are hit and miss, lots of gap between them, did you make your own or did you try to rebuild everyone of the deers natural nods? You skipped allot of them by rushing the job. IMO
    You can still go back and fill in the gaps, then cover it with a thin layer of modge podge, then a layer of liquid crystal.
    Making your own bumps larger to speed up the job will give it a raspberry surface. You will get a softer look by making them smaller and more of them.
    Have a nice day,,, Love, Paul :)

See? I can be nice.

8. mt

mt New Member

Looks great if they want any more than that , raise your prices and retire a bit early. ;D

9. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Very nice mount.

10. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Somebody took a sensetivity training class this morning LMFAO!! ;D

11. C Ertle

C Ertle New Member

Didn't know you had it in ya Mr. T....

12. mcole

mcole New Member

Nice clean mount..great job!...here's my 2cents the center line of the brisket looks to be off center could be the picture angle?....and I agree with Mr.T

13. Loving you right back Mr. T. You are right! I could have spent some more time on the nose pad -my bad. MCole - as far as the brisket goes, I think it is just the photo angle and the fact that it is scrunched up against the garage wall and I didn't adjust it after hanging it up.

By the way, this mount is for Steve Heiden, tight end for the Cleveland Browns. I think he is in his 7th year in the NFL. He is my hero after catching 2 TD's in a win against the dreaded Packers in 2005. Steve is from our hometown in Minnesota. Go VIKINGS!

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Bruce