1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

4th WT mount

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Non-Typical_IL, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Non-Typical_IL

Non-Typical_IL Member

This guy is already set so will not be able to tweek, but will be able to look back as a reference. I personally can see a few small details in person that may not show up on this pics that I need to improve on, but I am sure that the more experienced eyes may see finer details that I am unaware of. He's my 4th.
    This is on a OTS form with Trueyes.
    TIA for your time and offering a learning experience!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

You are doing well. I see too much white showing in the deer's right eye. White should either be in the front or in the back, not both. This depends on eye rotation. Since the both eyes are facing foreword, there should be no, or very little, white showing in the backs only. Rolling the eyes to look up or down, and left to right is what exposes the whites of the eyes.

3. Non-Typical_IL

Non-Typical_IL Member

Very valid! Thank you Tanglewood.

4. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

How come that corn is so tall?

Nice job for your 4th deer..

5. Non-Typical_IL

Non-Typical_IL Member

LOL tomdes,
    I'm actually in part of IL that has not been excessively flooded out from all of the rains!!! That stuff started tassling about June 28, so much for "knee high by the 4th of July"!!!! We are very fortunate for the crops in my immediate area they are the best from here to eastern IN, which is very unfortunate. But putting up hay this summer hasn't been worth a pile of beans. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

And thanks on the deer!!! ;)

6. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

There is some things you need to study more references on. You are making the same mistakes beginners always makes, your hair patterns on the edge of your ears are off same thing on the side of the deer lips. ear buts is off and your eye shape is not right and the rotation of you ears are off , antler are tip forward to much. There more things wrong, you just need to study a deed head before mounting,