1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Customer won't pick up

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by AlanCoderre, Jul 10, 2015.

1. AlanCoderre

AlanCoderre Member

I am having a issue with a customer. I notified him back in January that his mount was finished (i talked to him on the phone) and he told me that he was going on a snowmobile trip and would pick it up in about a week. It is now the middle of july and i have attempted to get ahold of him at least 8 or 9 times leaving messages every time that his mount is ready to be picked up. Is there anything that i can legally do that i can either keep or sell the mount to try to make my money back? I don't know if it really matters but I am from PA. Thanks for your time.

Alan

2. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Registered, signed reciepted US mail. Notice a 10 days to pay and pick up or its yours. If the letter is refused and returned to you unopened keep it on file and sell the mount. Check with the game warden in your state that it is legal to keep and sell the mount. In some states the laws vary on this issue.,

3. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Pretty much as above. You can sell the mount but only for the amount that he owes you for it.

4. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Had a customer pick up a red fox the other day and paid for it with a hot check...count your blessings, LOL!

5. swt

swt Member

i'm also from PA and yes you can sell the mount if not picked up.

6. stroh

stroh Member

I always get a drivers license number on a check. That way you can show the intent to defraud you was there. Can write bad checks here in Florida. You go to jail. Send him a letter stating you will sell it if not payed. Works most of the time

7. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Thanks...I've already talked to the sheriff. He said give him a few days to get me a cashiers check or money order. If not, I'll press charges. Most of the time they come up with the money rather than go to jail.