So it's actually my 4th bird I have tried on my own. The first, a starling, I missed a couple steps and ended up tearing it apart because it got too dry. In the garbage it went. The second was a bobwhite that was filled with pin feathers and had s bunch of damage from fighting in the pen. By the time I got to mounting it, the poor thing was almost bald and I screwed something else up. Garbage again! The third was another starling. It didn't go too bad. I tried some things and learned a lot. It doesn't look good at all but I figure I learned from the experience. This one I feel came out decent. It still has stuff wrong with it but I am still learning. I have more birds in the freezer to try to learn more with. I am hoping that my tape will hold the barred feathers in place. I can't remember the name of that feather group. I also just hung the bird upside down to have gravity give me a hand with them. Be easy folks.