1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First bird I'm not embarrassed by...

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Cowtown guy, Jul 11, 2015.

1. So it's actually my 4th bird I have tried on my own.
    The first, a starling, I missed a couple steps and ended up tearing it apart because it got too dry. In the garbage it went.
    The second was a bobwhite that was filled with pin feathers and had s bunch of damage from fighting in the pen. By the time I got to mounting it, the poor thing was almost bald and I screwed something else up. Garbage again!
    The third was another starling. It didn't go too bad. I tried some things and learned a lot. It doesn't look good at all but I figure I learned from the experience.
    This one I feel came out decent. It still has stuff wrong with it but I am still learning. I have more birds in the freezer to try to learn more with.
    I am hoping that my tape will hold the barred feathers in place. I can't remember the name of that feather group. I also just hung the bird upside down to have gravity give me a hand with them.
    Be easy folks.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Heck yeah!! Id be proud too! Sounds like you had a little trial and error, but learned from it and got one done! Great story. You're braver than me, I still haven't tried using the real head on anything. Thanks for the inspiration.

3. Thanks. I'm the opposite. I have some birds that I want to try an artificial head on and I'm scared to. Lol

4. Great job!!!

5. Thanks a bunch.

6. Great looking work man!!!

Havent tried birds yet but one of these days I should dabble a bit! They seem pretty cool.

7. Thanks Trevor

8. looks pretty good for just starting out! Keep it up!