1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Value Of antlers ??

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by 71Challenger R/T, Jul 15, 2015.

1. 71Challenger R/T

71Challenger R/T New Member

I need to know what a set of 430 Inch deer antlers are worth.. and a set of 200" antlers with a 31 inch spread... I need fair market prices. Thanks.

2. Tahrhunter

Tahrhunter www.taxidermy.co.nz

The first is and elk or red stag? Second a mule deer?

3. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    430 inches of bone on a deer? I'd like to see a pic.

4. arby

arby Member

400 inch plus white tail deer antlers are common these days. Price depends on looks, condition and the typical mainframe, 200 inch yearlings are not rare. Obvious pen raised.

5. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Are you telling me 400 inch typical main frame DEER are common these days? Holy chit batman I'm DefDefinitely not hunting the correct location.

6. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Yes 400" pen raised bucks are common these days. I know of atleast three 400" YEARLINGS !!!! I remember when I would drive 200 miles just to see a 200" whitetail !! Then 300" became the magic number and now it is 400" .

7. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    I stand corrected then.

8. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

Any pics?

9. Heath Cline

Ohio
    I will work on getting some pictures tonight.

To the OP, its hard to put a value on antlers without pictures. Their are too many variables , like drop tines , split tines, spread, mass & others. So it would be easier if you had some pictures for us to see.

10. Heath Cline

Ohio
    I am still trying to get the pics of the 400" yearlings to load. But here are some pictures of a 402" 2 1/2 year old for comparison .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. dhart

dhart Active Member

I passed up on one like that, needed another year!lol

12. EA

EA Well-Known Member

dhart, don't you mean passed out? ;D

13. arby

arby Member

No. I'm saying 400 inch deer are common. Not 400" main frame antlers. A 200" typical main frame 5x5, plus 200" of non-typical growth would be a gross 400" deer. And in pens, they are common. I don't think 400" mainframes are possible. Nice mount Heath.