1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

krowtann ?

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by tem, Jul 18, 2015.

1. tem

tem Well-Known Member

I got a yote cape. I have about 4oz of krowtann left. a deer takes 8oz. does any one know if this would be enough or should I get more krowtann. thank you.

2. Steve W

Steve W Member

ohio
    Yes, that should be plenty for just a coyote cape.

3. tem

tem Well-Known Member

thank you Steve.

4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

The instructions for Krowtan calls for 8oz for a coyote cape. Are you saying that with four ounces, you just cut the rest of the ingredients in half also or just the krowtan?

5. tem

tem Well-Known Member

I read 8 oz for a deer cape and sense this is only a yote cape I was wondering if 4 oz would do the job. and yes I would cut everything else in half. now if this is wrong please tell me. don't want to mess it up.

6. Tanglewood Taxidermy

.I googled Krowtan instruction and it took me to OzarkWoods web site which gave their instructions. It said to use 8 ounces for a deer or coyote cape. Now I'm second guessing myself. I'm pretty sure it said coyote cape and not skin. Please google it and read those instructions before you decide what to do. I just want to see it go well for you.

7. Tanglewood Taxidermy

My bad. It's 4 ounces. 8 onces was for a deer cape or coyote lifesize skin. The directions give you all the procedures for 4 ounces. Sorry about that.

8. tem

tem Well-Known Member

thank you tanglewood. I did google d it. you were right. 4 oz for yote cape. thank you.

9. twinrivers

twinrivers Active Member

Why would you have 4 ounces left and not 8? Been a long time since I used it but thought a bottle got you 4 deer capes, which means you should not have any residual ounces remaining to even have to mess with. Like I said though it has been years since I have used the stuff.

10. tem

tem Well-Known Member

you just had to ask me that. didn't ya ;). I had a couple of bottles of it I bought on here and one wasn't quiet full.

11. twinrivers

twinrivers Active Member

I see...take care bud.