1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Allowed or not ?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by buckfever*, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Send it back out the door

66.3%
  2. Allow it to stay as is

25.8%
  3. Allow it stay with a covered barrier around it with a warning posted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Allowed as is with a warning posted at the entrance

3.4%
  5. Remove the christian items from the piece

4.5%
  1. Dave Byrd

Dave Byrd Active Member

I seem to remember someone who goes by "buckfever" saying a while back that things had gotten boring around here! You sure know how to get a thread started!

2. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    He uses the power of the devil!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

3. Dave Byrd

Dave Byrd Active Member

He'll be spewing green pea soup next!

4. Yep ! I'm the life of a party . ;D

5. I can promise you if green peas go in ,,, it will spew back out

yuck yuck

6. Dave Byrd

Dave Byrd Active Member

Add a little mayonnaise to them and you're good to go.

7. since i dont like either one of those the spew would last for several minutes .

8. Ron B

Alabama
    No way that's Christian!

9. EA

EA Well-Known Member

5000 words and not 1 of them involve helping to improve the lives of his neighbors. Who would have thunk it.

10. Ron B

Alabama
    When we had the big tornadoes here in 2011, I saw relief groups that were Amish, Pentecostal, Catholic, Jewish, Mormon, ect.......some from as far away as California! The one group I did not see...........Atheist! Maybe because it was called an act of God! :-\

11. how would you know , you cant even answere walks questions. I bet if it was Daphne you would have had them.
    [​IMG]

12. Ron B

Alabama
    Betty Ruble is my gal! But that brainy Scooby Doo chick with the big glasses I bet could educate you!

13. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Betty Ruble? I thought you went for those older blue haired chics, like Marge Simpson

14. Ron B

Alabama
    Stick to dating your hairy chicks....you know nothing about a good "Toon"!

15. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Your secret is safe with me Ron

16. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I dig chicks with thick glasses. That Thelma chick revs my engine into the red. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

17. Ron B

Alabama
    When God reads this he's going to be pissed at you guys!! :mad: :mad:

18. uncleheff

uncleheff New Member

EA, I don't feel the need to disclose my prayer/charitable résumé as I'm not in competition with you. Even if you do more charitable work than me, it does not make the God that supposedly commands you to do it any more existent. And I have to ask... Is it moral to be commanded to do good, or to do it for the sake of the reward promised (heaven), or, to do good for the sake of helping others, without the need to be commanded, and without the expectation of a reward?

Ron B... Yes there is no denying that there are many religious groups that help the needy on many occasions throughout history. There are a few problems with your statement though as hopefully you will admit in your reply. Hopefully you are willing to neglect the knee jerk reaction, that is so common amongst the religious, to defend the faith against all odds, and succumb to reason, at least in this one instance.

1. The fact that religious people help those in need from time to time does nothing to demonstrate that the religion or God/Gods are true or in existence.
    2. The religious people, at least some of them, are doing it for a reward (heaven) and that degrades the idea of charity.
    3. The groups authority, whether it be Catholic, Amish, Pentecostal, Jewish, or Mormon is doing it for the sole purpose of name recognition and proselytization. Religion is a business and it needs a constant supply of adherents to continue to stay profitable. Whether it is big signs along the highways or people preaching it to others who are at their weakest, its a form of advertisement.
    4. Just because you didn't see an openly "Atheist" group doesn't mean there were no secular organizations there. Secular organizations, such as Doctors Without Borders or The Red Cross, don't hold your sandwich hostage until you listen to a sermon or join them in prayer like a lot of religious organizations do. They cut out the middle man so to speak and get down to business without the impediment that religion so often brings to progress.
    5. You say this was an act of God. Which cruel God caused the disaster in the first place? Was it the Catholic, Amish, Pentecostal, Jewish, or Mormon God? And why would you praise him knowing he caused it? It's really irrelevant which God is blamed/praised but isn't it disgusting how a God would create the disaster in order for religious organizations to glorify him by coming to the aid of the victims of the God that caused the disaster in the first place?

This is funny, and very telling of the actual extent in which you take the religion you claim serious...

You complain about me ridiculing your religion, but when you make fun of it amongst yourselves, nobody seems to care. This is called a double standard and religious people are, sadly, chock full of them, and ever so willing to claim a right to their use all the while demanding respect while doing so.

It has been fun at times, but if your going to make fun of your own God and religion then you have no need of an "outsider" to point out the comedy of it for you.

19. Ron B

Alabama
    Not making fun of God.......just my fellow believers! You are right to say you "ridicule"... but we "make fun"! You see the difference? If God has no sence of humor....I am toast!

20. Ron B

Alabama
    You mean like the Samaritan mentioned in the bible?