1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Our own Trashfish wins 3 titles at the NTA...now the rest of the story

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by jim tucker, Jul 21, 2015.

1. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

At the NTA Convention in Gatlinburg Terry Weick of Michigan won THREE titles in the Division of Excellence!!

NORTH AMERICAN WARMWATER FISH REPRODUCTION
    NORTH AMERICAN COLDWATER FISH SKIN MOUNT
    NORTH AMERICAN COLDWATER FISH REPRODUCTION

Somehow he got skipped and did not get called up for one of his titles. I now know HOW this happened but it would only be an excuse. I sincerely apologize for the slight.

...and now the rest of the story.

Did Terry yell and cuss? Did he make a big scene? Did he come on TaxiNet and make negative comments about the NTA or the competition committee?

No, he informed us of the error and we fixed it the best that we could.

I just wanted to make sure that EVERYONE knew he WON that award AND that he is an incredible sportsman with a lot of class. I told him he is my idol. He thinks I am joking.

Thank you Terry

2. BrianHendricks

BrianHendricks Member

One more " congrats " to you Terry ! And well deserved ! Beautiful work as usual.

3. chrisfeldt

chrisfeldt New Member

Jim,

As everyone well knows as adults, mistakes are part of being human. Being honest about our shortcomings and well-tempered with at the missteps of others is something entirely different. It takes strength and courage to do the right thing and confession is a prime example. Of course it helps that Terry is an honorable man :)

We had one hell of a show, and despite the little bumps along the way, most of our members had a great time. But for me the greatest moments, like the one you mentioned about Terry, was the sheer humility and gratefulness of Rebecca, Mel, Rick, Shane, Brian and all of the others, who in the spectacle of celebration, were cognizant of their humanity. We all could learn a lesson from them.

It's not the big moments that define us, but the little things we relish, that in the end, make everything okay.

Respectfully,

Chris Feldt

4. double barrel

double barrel New Member

Those trout were AWESOME!

5. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    I too would like to apologize to Terry for the error ! I am truly sorry !!

But what an accomplishment !! THREE North American Champion awards at one convention !!!! I do not know a lot about previous show winners but I would have to say this does not happen very often !! A lot of competitors are hoping for one North American Champion award and you, Terry, earned THREE just at this one convention !!!
    Congrats again Terry !!! And even though I am not a "fish guy", your work always amazes me !!

6. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Terry is a great competitor, a great taxidermist, and a OK singer.
    Congrats
    Ralph

7. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Congrats Terry........

8. It's been a great privilege watching you over the years develop into the best of the best! Congratulations my friend!

9. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

Thank you Jim. Putting together a show is no easy task. Mistakes happen. You and the board of directors worked very hard to pull this show off. I have been going to Taxidermy shows for 25 years and have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. The once tarnished NTA is finally on the rise, Thanks to the hard working leaders.I see a future for the NTA. The foundation has been set, and the directions the NTA is heading will once again be one strongest taxidermist association anywhere.

Thank you everyone for the kind words!

10. Your due diligence through the years have been amazing to say the least. Friends and mentors like you are what drive most of us to do what we do. Congrats to you, well deserved my friend.

11. Congrats Terry! Nice to see that when errors occur things can be dealt with swiftly to correct them. I heard first had it was a Awesome show! WAY TO GO NTA !

12. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Fantastic fish! Photos of this and other winning entries are now posted at Ken's Corner.

13. I wasn't surprised. The dude uses sweet materials! Nice work my excellent friend.

14. scottdawg

scottdawg Member

Wow!!! They look great Congrats

15. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Terry is a great taxidermist, artist but most of all a great all around guy
    Even for a yam dankee
    All kidding aside congrates my freind
    I have the upmost respect for you brother

Carl

16. bnoody

bnoody Member

Congrats again on the brownie's Terry, they were inspiring!

Now make some time to come out and go sea duck hunting with me, perhaps you can add some more titles to the pile next year.