1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Counting my Chickens before they hatch.

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by George, Jul 23, 2015.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I'm headed north of the Arctic Circle next month for caribou. Neither I nor my buddy really have no intentions of getting our animals mounted, but I'd hate to leave a perfectly good cape out on the tundra if there's any interest in it. Just post here if you're interested and if we both score, I'll know whether to pay the freight back here to the east coast or not. Cost would be nominal but you'd have to pay the freight for a salted hide. If I'm fortunate enough to take a bigger animal that the one I have, there may be a set of antlers as well.

2. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Hope you have a safe and successful hunt!

3. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

i`D SURE LIKE TO TASTE SOME CARIBOU STEAK.

4. Always interested in something new if you would consider shipping to me (me paying) I would not only be interested but would love the experience at something new. I have a set of antlers that a older friend gave me with some squirrel bites but that would be good practice too.

Good luck and safe hunting.

5. taxidermyfreak

taxidermyfreak ***RIP DAD & JONNY***

How much would you like for a cape and how much do you think the freight will be???

6. tboyd3d

tboyd3d Member

I'm headed there next month also!

7. George

Don't have a clue. The service we're using ships the hide and antlers back using FedEx, so that cost would be included in my asking price. Just seeing if there's an interest.

8. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Very lucky you George. I hope you max out your ticket. If you don't want the antlers and they are nice ones still, I would be interested in even buying those from you ... or your others if you get a bigger one. I have a very old set that was hanging on a barn for years all white, weathered and growing lichen. I would love to have a decent set that was in good shape.

Caribou steak ... yeah .. that would be good too. Good luck on your trip.

And get good pictures!

9. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

Good luck George!! At least it will be caped out and fleshed properly and hopefully no rock salt like I've seen before.. :(

10. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Got an email this morning showing where Wildlife Gallery has a Depot at the Anchorage Airport. Might make it easier.

Hope you have a great hunt and can post lots of pics!

11. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Hope you score George. I took a nice woodland with my bow 50 years ago and another with a rifle. Grilled steak was the soothing reward after I cried over the shipping costs. JL :( ;)

12. abbytaxi

abbytaxi Member

George, I've been looking for a life size arctic bull hide for a while, if you don't mind skinning for a life size out there I'd love to buy one off of you, if you're hunting in Canada even better.

13. George

Sorry abby, hunting the Alaska Brooks range and we both know those import/export fees would make that one a real PITA.

14. taxidermyfreak

taxidermyfreak ***RIP DAD & JONNY***

I am interested very much and if it is possible to get a match set of antlers would be even better lol
    Thanks shawn

15. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Good luck George

16. mmwtdh

mmwtdh Member

Good luck! Hunted there last August and killed a couple of nice bulls.....

17. George

Alaska stopped non-residents from getting more than one animal.