1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Can it Win ?????

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Whitetailart, Jul 30, 2015.

1. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

Carolin,

I see areas the World Show could improve as well......just not the areas you suggest.

There are some who agree with your perception of what a Masters catagory should be limited to; don't think your perspective hasn't been discussed in the past, on this very website.

Scott

2. Food for thought. I wonder how the suppliers that donate the money to the world show feel! hmmmm

3. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

They feel happy that Larry runs a good show that exposes their products to the taxidermy industry. :D

4. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

I know what your saying about anatomy should outway the sex of the animal.
    But in a category like Wt Deer does the sex play a part in the choice for best of category. I am sure that someone would bring up the point of the buck has antlers and the doe does not. So the buck is harder and should get extra points.
    Where as I find it much harder to mount a Doe to look like a Doe and not a buck without antlers.

5. What about a lamb on a cross?...Sorry Bobby P I had too ! Lol

6. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

LOL Not that again ...

7. And the only thing you got most of us wondering about is how your keyboard still works with all the tears in it.

8. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

No tears in my keyboard. But I am sure there were a few people that had to by a new one because of all their crying over the subject.

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Missing the point of the original question is the only thing I can see causing tears! You have to admit, these threads can sure take off in a lot of different directions. Champ seems to be a title so sought after that we are tempted to change the rules to achieve it!

10. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

Jerry -I think people would if there were more doe forms available!

11. Taxiserv

Taxiserv James Newport

I think the Doe aspect has positives and negatives. You need something that will catch the judges eye from a distance, and let's be honest while hunting or just observing we lend many times more attention to a buck than we do a Doe. As taxidermist we spend hours watching his mannerisms not just his antlers. With that being said a Doe mount could stand out amongst the sea of bucks mounted in the comp room. I personally don't believe difficulty factor will be relative. JMO

12. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    A real taxidermist would just sculpt there own doe form :-X

13. Bob P that was not aimed at your keyboard, LOL, i'm sure you realize that!

14. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

Oh I know it wasn't . LOL

15. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

lol before I started judging a great judge said to me I don't care if it's on a 2 X 4 or on a base if it's a blue it's a blue but if the piece both scores a 90 and that's going over it with a fine tooth comb, generally speaking a little base works helps the curve to win.
    A judge and I personally don't care what the mount is on. I don't judge bases just the mount. Though out all my years of judging I've only once had to go to a base to fine a winner. That's where an opinion can matter.

16. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

answer to original question: NO

17. barryo

barryo Member

Good for you Frank. The mount should be the only thing that is judged and affects the score.

18. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Where is the "like" button when I really want it?