1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anyone else notice mink always have horrible teeth?

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by WolfGirl, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Is it just the ones I've been getting or do mink always seem to have horrid teeth? I've never seen so many cases of wild animals with rotten teeth like that. I've cleaned tons of skunks and hardly ever see bad teeth. I'll post pictures of examples here in a bit. Just curious if anyone else has noticed this.

2. tom k

tom k New Member

Farm raised or wild mink?

3. marshtaxi

marshtaxi Member

utah
    Yes I have noticed this in our area as well, but most of the mink in our area are also escapees from the ranches and the ranch mink usually break their teeth on the wire on their cages. Because of this I am not real familiar with truly wild mink so I can't comment on them.

4. I have two being beetled right now. You made me go check them! haha Mine seem to be just fine; all their teeth are there and none appear to have any rot. I got them from the north eastern part of the US.

5. nuclearjunky

nuclearjunky Member

I have two mink skulls, one from a Farm and one trappend in the wild. Teeth are ok in both. Contrasting to this, teeth in my striped Skunk skull are horrible.

6. All are trap caught from north Missouri area. If they are escapees I have no idea. Here are a few examples
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Maybe it's just because they're from Missouri lol

7. Bones N Beasts

Bones N Beasts New Member

Mink seem the same as the rest of the species I've cleaned. Typical tooth rot or damage

8. Mine never did, but I used conibear traps to trap them. Mink like to chew.