1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Making the change to $650.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by boarhunter67, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Do you think that if the lowest priced skull guy was $150 you would be losing customers the him?

2. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Buck knows his market and he sure aint no Momma-raised fool.

3. Klibby just just say I don't spend 8 hours on a deer. I can mount two a day and goof off most of the day. When I was younger four was comman.

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I like Cheerios

5. Yea the chocolate covered ones!

6. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Yeah yeah yeah....we all know you guys are making the big bucks and can afford the finer things in life....but you don't have to rub it in our faces!! ::) ::) ::)

Some of us are lucky to get even oatmeal.....the old kind at that,..... in the round cardboard box ! :mad: ::)

7. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Where can you get chocolate covered Cheerios? I've never seen them, but they sound good.

8. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

The "Old kind!" I guess I am a genuine antique! I still the oatmeal from the round cardboard box!

9. Man oh man they are good. I just put some in a bowl dry and eat it like a snack.
    I got mine from Walmart There are several other flavored to. Treat your self to a box.

Ron if you didn't tear up the track how so much you cold afford to buy a box.
    Not to mention all those $$$$ wasted on a non producing elk trip.

10. Is there any other kind! Round box all the way.

11. Ron B

Alabama
    Yeah...the kind the rich kids got. YOu just tear open the packet and add hot water!! Snobs! ::) ::) ::)

12. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Not the quick oats in the round cardboard box either. Old fashion oatmeal all the way baby! I am fairly well to do because I some times put blue berries and peanut butter in it and other times maple syrup and bacon or sausage it. mmmmmm

13. Rich kids jeseh rub in why dont you ! ;D

14. Ron B

Alabama
    No kiddin.....who does he think he is.....Donald Trump!!! ::) ::) ::) ::)

15. Not sure how old you would have to be here, but does anyone remember getting the plastic glasses in the oatmeal boxes?

16. Ron B

Alabama
    No...but I remember when the prize in a cracker jack box would be an actual toy! Those were the days my friends!!

17. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I like to play with the box the kids came in not dumb cereal boxes.

18. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I believe KLibby is correctly pointing out a very common math mistake in many price arguments. So many guys (not saying any of you, just saying) will say "I make more money doing 100 at $300 than you will doing 50 at $600". Uhhh...dont forget to add that material cost twice, too.

And hes also correct to question why every customer willing to pay more is deemed a picky prick in these arguments. Since when? I like those customers, they want what I offer!

Finally, to answer Glenn, I was always getting right around 100 heads at that price, realistically between 70 to 100 and teens or so.

Its hard to beat cocoa crispies and chocolate syrup.

19. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Whatever you charge, make sure it is as much as you can get away with! The car dealership has no problems charging you out the butt to work on you car because they know they have you over the barrel. They don't give their services away.

The problem is, taxidermy is a luxury item and when it comes to putting grub in your family's gut or a head on the wall, guess which will win! I have plenty of people ask me to do taxidermy for them every year and I flatly turn them down. They seem to have this view around here that since I have a full time job I can afford to do it for less. Forget that nonsense! If I do it after hours it should cost more because that is overtime now. And I am not going to hassle with anyone who thinks $300.00 is a fair price. I have better things to do with my time than give it away.

20. Tanglewood Taxidermy

So, let me get this straight. Cocoa crispies when mixed with milk creates a chocolate syrup and you add chocolate syrup to that? Wow.