1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First wolf ever

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Swtchmob21, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Swtchmob21

Swtchmob21 Active Member

I did this mount awhile ago but it was my first wolf ever I thought it came out pretty good it's not perfect ears are a little wide but anyways what u guys think

Attached Files:

2. Swtchmob21

Swtchmob21 Active Member

Close up

Attached Files:

3. Swtchmob21

Swtchmob21 Active Member

Better resolution

Attached Files:

4. Apart from a few obvious issues i think you did a nice job.

5. Swtchmob21

Swtchmob21 Active Member

Thanks ! It was fun to work on want to do another but don't do allot of life size wolf

6. juli

juli Active Member

Overall good mount.

Feet look nice and the pose and expression is nice.

The wolf's right eye is better than his left. His left is set higher and not rotated quite correctly. The left eye upper eyelid also looks a little heavy/thick along the outside.. The back/outside of the ear should not be straight in line with the inside of the ear. (as in not 90 degrees to the head). The back of the ear is actually set further back on the head than the front. . Also, it appears the overall anatomy/shape of the ear is not correct. The nose looks 'flat' also - not rounded and shaped like a wolf's nose.

7. Swtchmob21

Swtchmob21 Active Member

Thanks again like I said first ever wolf the ears are easy different than anything I have done always want to improve

8. conor44

conor44 New Member

If this were my first lifesize mammal, I would be very proud indeed :D

9. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

redo those couple face eye ear details move front legs closer together. put a new tail on and you will have a very nice piece

10. LilMissGladys

LilMissGladys Handmade with Love ♥

Great for your first. Issues are there but others have explained that already. I've seen some AWFUL first wolves and this isn't awful by any stretch of the word so good job. You should be proud