1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Eppley True Eyes

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by turkeyshooter, Aug 10, 2015.

1. turkeyshooter

turkeyshooter Member

I have a pair of Eppley true eyes I want to set. They are not the pre-rotated ones. Do you point the smaller point of the colored part of the eye towards the front eye corner? Thanks for advice in advance. I also posted this in the beginner section so if you answer there disregard. Thanks again. :-\ By the way it says they are competition eyes on my order form.

2. turkeyshooter

turkeyshooter Member

Well hate to answer my own question, but called Ohio and found out more white goes toward the rear and the point with less white towards the front. Thank you out to Cody at Ohio Taxidermy Supply. :)

3. hfparker

hfparker New Member

Don't know exactly who you talked to but the narrow part of the eye goes to the back.

4. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

hfparker is right. The corneal bulge goes forward. The narrow part of the brown goes to the back, look at real eye reference.

5. turkeyshooter

turkeyshooter Member

Thanks ! ;)

6. I generally dont refer to the white of the corneal bulge, but both are correct.

There is less white in the fronts of the lenses on the eye due to the enlarged iris that tappers to the back.

Generalizations with eyes will get you into tricky spots, there is many narrow parts of the eye, without labeling the eyes anatomy correctly we all could sound like were right or wrong!

7. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Guess that's why the Meder liquid lens has a cut in the eye edge to tell which side is forward.

8. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Not trying to stir up trouble but why on earth does this continue to be an issue/argument? I am no genius and it t always seemed perfectly logical which way they go. :p