1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Payer eyes

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Brian Reinertson, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Who has tried them and what do you think? I bought a few pairs at the MO show. I'm very impressed not only with the eyes, but with the people who sell them. Also, cannot beat the price for a very nice glass eye.

2. schenk

schenk Member

Bought some at the NTA show, and I know a very good mammal taxidermist and she bought several full cards of deer eyes. They look awesome, and the people are great, not to mention the price. I bought some myself, eager to use them.

3. I bought a few at Missouri also, they look very nice.
    One thing I noticed, the pupil is very long, I thought that doesn't look right. so I got out reference,
    I noticed the pupil can be very long and thin and very short and wide, so, it is correct.
    I will be using them, I like the dark better than the medium, Ive mounted with. 3 so far.
    I bought several mammal eyes also, haven't really looked at them yet.

4. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

I met the fellows from Payer eyes at the NC show. I was very impressed with the quality of their eyes, and their friendly attitude and eagerness to help. I personally didn't care for the coloration of some of the mammal eyes, but they were not necessarily incorrect in color - there can certainly be variances in the wild - I'm just very fond of my Tohickon IQ standard for fox and bobcat. But if you're looking for something a little different, they were very detailed and of high quality. As far as the deer eyes, I bought several full cards of those because they looked strikingly similar to the I220PR I use standard in my commercial mounts - at around HALF the price! I haven't used them yet but I expect them to look just great. I mentioned to the guys that I was interested in having several custom eyes made, and they were very interested in the opportunity to paint some custom eyes. While they said turnaround time would vary based on the type of eye, I got the feeling it would be no where near what Tohickon's backlog is for a custom set these days. Can't wait to give them a try and see what they can come up with for a baby tiger I've got.

5. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

Cant be beat for the price. I love them.

6. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    The only thing I wish they had are vessels in the white of the eye. I exclusively use the tohikan 425pr for customer and competition

7. chrisfeldt

chrisfeldt New Member

They are great people and produce a wonderful product. Give them a try.

8. They have a website by chance?

9. chrisfeldt

chrisfeldt New Member

WWW.PAYEREYES.COM

10. Thanks

SteveM likes this.