1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

bird eyes

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by taboo, Aug 13, 2015.

1. taboo

taboo New Member

hi there,
    new to the forum and have just received an adult blue and gold macaw to mount for a client, just wondering where I can source eyes for this specimen?
    thanks in advance for your help.

2. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Well-Known Member

Tohickon eyes, in Pennsylvania.

3. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Eyeconic.
    http://www.eyeconicstore.com/

If you want realism there isn't a better choice.

4. vmax

vmax Member

Nancy, are these eyes better than the European eyes that Glen Browning was or is selling?

5. Nancy C

They are very much like them, but the less common ones seem (to me) to be a little bit easier to get from Eyeconic since they have a larger inventory.

6. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

They don't list eyes for Blue and Gold Macaw or severe Macaw. I need eyes for both

7. Nancy C

Eyeconic has eyes for 13 different kinds of macaws but I always have to use the search feature to find them.
    I checked and they show both B&G and Severe, as well as some others I've never seen in captivity.

8. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

Thanks Nancy, I hope I can afford to buy them

9. You also can order custom-made eyes at Eyeconic, just make sure to provide exact reference picture and size. I got some custom reptile eyes from here ;)

10. taboo

taboo New Member

many thanks Ryan and Nancy, have placed an order with Eyeconic Store today.

11. taboo

taboo New Member

Have received my eyes from Roger, Eyeconic Store, today and just wanted to say I am most impressed with the both the eye quality and the service. And wouldn't hesitate to order again.

12. igor

igor Member

Get flint eyes from Eyeconic . Easy to paint the color you need according to the reference. Also easy to work with them.