1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Largemouth Bass Skin mount

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by deeter73, Aug 18, 2015.

1. That eye in the open mouth largemouth is a flex eye, the eye in the closed mouth bass is the ones den007(Dennis Murawska) sells. I was never really a huge fan of the flex eyes and now, after buying and seeing the quality of eyes from den007, once my stock of flexs is done I'm sticking to Dennis from now on. They are miles apart in detail with not much of a price difference if any compared to the flex eyes. I wish i had the right size eye for that bass at the time but I didn't so I used what I had which was the flex. Will be ordering more from Den07 in the very near future. ;)

2. naturalcreati40

naturalcreati40 Active Member

Very good critique and I agree with it all. I was going to point out the area of the tail, it does look like it needs to be smoother...but very good nonetheless

3. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    I love the mount
    for a judgmentral critique
    well I think the eyes are too red with a white band around that does not go with our down south fish
    looks like the fins/gills are from a stressed out fish a bit too much reddish color for me
    just my opinion
    carl

4. Good critique Jimmy, it's nice to have guys like you on here willing to go over mounts the way you did. It is a nice lookin fish and a customer will be happy. But now you know what to work on for the next one.
    Jim