1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Help choosing form to showcase my bucks mass

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Brad_b_24, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Brad_b_24

Brad_b_24 Member

I'm having a hard time deciding what form I want to use on my 2014 Missouri buck. What form do you all think would showcase his mass the best. I'm game to use a pedestal or wall mount. Thanks a bunch

Attached Files:

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Brad, have no idea what your talent level is and don't mean to be insulting but let me tell you what I WOULD DO if I took a buck like that. I'd cape it, flesh it, slat it, and have it professionally tanned. Then I'd box up the antlers and the hide, and send them to Rick Carter and say, "Surprise me."

3. Brad_b_24

Brad_b_24 Member

Haha I do like that idea. I'm only a hobbyist and have about 30 under my belt here is my last project of my two 2013 bucks but I like the idea of having a deer on the wall done by Rick.

Attached Files:

4. jk

jk Active Member

If only 30 deer under your belt, looks like you know what you are doing. I would second the vote for OTS, I also use Mears for my big deer like this. Pick what you like.

J

5. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Some times i do a search of game heads of the week to get ideas on what forms i would like to use . :)

6. Jackson1814

Jackson1814 Active Member

Any form will "showcase" that bucks mass. It speaks for itself! I like both George and Verns' ideas. I sometimes do what Vern suggested. Take a look and pick what you like. Make sure you post a picture when it's done. :)

7. Brad_b_24

Brad_b_24 Member

Thanks everyone if I do it myself I think I'm leaning towards a Coombs pedestal

8. BO-N-ARO

BO-N-ARO Hunt hard but hunt safe!

I would recommend a table pedestal so it could be viewed from all side.
    Congrats on a great buck!!

9. buckman170

buckman170 Member

You are really talented for sure. If I was to shoot a buck like that, Steven Klee or Rick Carter would be getting a call for sure! Lol. Congrats on the nice bucks, you're going to have a Hek of a collection before to long!

10. Great deer!

11. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

The two pieces you've mounted look great from here, and any of those poses in a free standing pedestal will look fine.

12. newbie2008

newbie2008 New Member

Do a table pedestal and go to Lowes or Home Depot and get a "lazy suzy" and incorporate that in your mount so you can turn the mount 360 degrees to show it off from all sides....it's very simple to make a base for it!!

13. tem

tem Well-Known Member

why do you shoot small deer ;). like said above. pick the one that tickles your fancy. it will look grand.

14. Brad_b_24

Brad_b_24 Member

I appreciate everyone's input I have decided to mount him myself on a Coombs 9700

15. Tannertroop

Tannertroop Member

I love the coombs wall peds and so do my customers. Have a couple on the wall and they sell themselves.