1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Gifted bird thread

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by AFTHUNT, Aug 20, 2015.

1. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

bufflehead.......Daav

Attached Files:

2. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Well-Known Member

Great job guys :) WTRFWLN your very welcome glad it worked for you. I know with the amount of gifting that goes on here there has to alot more pictures to post so come on guys and gals lets get them posted.

3. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

Quite a bit of gifting is done "anonymously" as the donor doesn't want to be inundated with requests for birds from the masses.

4. AFTHUNT

I can understand that.

5. SpiritOfTheWild

SpiritOfTheWild New Member

I just wanted to take a moment and say thanks to Bob Jungman! I responded to his post for gifted birds, and asked for a shoveler. When I opened the package he had given me a shoveler and a Greenwing teal as well. He was very pleasant to talk and I'm glad I had the opportunity to deal with me. I find it amazing when someone is willing to go out of there to give a bird away to someone they don't and get nothing in return for it. The bible says in Luke 6:38 give and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more running over and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. I hope your gifts get returned in full.

6. Trapper2016

Trapper2016 Thanks for this awesome forum!

Its hard to find guys like Bob Jungman anymore. He is one heck of a guy. Just got in several ducks he generously gifted me. I hope i can make them look half way decent. But grateful for the opportunity. Beautiful work guys!

7. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

bucksnort....??? guys that are gifting and posting them how is that anonimous?

8. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

Pintail from chet(aka chetnip).....thank you to chet and every one who take the time to gift these out.its greatly appreciated.i could not have improved my skills with out your generosity.

[​IMG]

9. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

Like he said there are a lot of gifters who simply pm folks in need instead of making an "anyone need a..." post. I personally have gifted misc. birds to people after reading their need posting and have checked them out to make sure a bird will be taken care of. There are a ton of people asking for prime birds to work on as first birds or beginners already trying to put collections together way before they have the talent to do hard to come by specimens justice. I personally am not willing to give birds to just anyone just because they asked. Also anyone who has made a post about having birds to gift has found out that their PM box will fill up quickly. If you run out then here come the folks cussing you for not being able to help them out. I made that mistake once and guarantee there won't be a second time. If you don't believe me then make a post about having a harlequin or other trophy bird to gift...

10. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Great job on the Pintail Cindy!

11. bucksnort10

sorry for the confusion

Meant that I often gift/receive birds under the condition that it is kept private.
    Meant that there probably would be more posting if the gifting/receive wasn't done this way. Thinking there are others in the same boat as me.

12. bucksnort10

X2

very nicely done

13. wilcox1088

wilcox1088 Active Member

Mr. Jungman, thanks again for the opportunity. Learning with every mount. Sorry for the poor picture
    [​IMG]

14. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

Tks guys.i appreciate it...:)......i havd another pin that is slightly larger than this on..still trying to figure out a pose thats not flying.. ;D

15. Hello all!
    I love gifting ducks & nothing in return...
    That's part of the fun (for me).
    Yes, I know, that "exposes" me to whom ever,
    but I can't see a guy " tear the breast" out of a
    beautiful Bull Sprig (pintail) or a Widgeon, or gad,
    or even a cute little greenwing.
    Since here in California, we have some of the best
    looking ducks in America, & if I can get them,
    I know someone will make that duck look great again.
    I am not a very good hunter, & a terrible shot, but
    I have become a pretty good "begger". Yes, I'll beg
    for these ducks & gift them to you.
    If I see a nice canvasback a guy shot, I'll often (actually
    always) ask for it. Sometimes they say no & sometimes
    they'll say, sure, why not.
    It's a lot easier to get Spoonys, they're considered a
    "Trash Duck" & guys don't want them or shoot them.
    They are late to color out, so my friends don't shoot them
    til January so they'll look good for you.
    Sometimes they're still "ugly" & then I'll gift them as practice birds.
    As expensive as pen raised ducks are, these often work & I love to gift them.
    I like to help guys get A duck they can't get at their place to hunt.
    I am not trying to outfit a whole taxidermy studio, just a good looking
    bird or too.
    And my "donors" like to see your letters & pics of finished birds.
    One more thing, cinnamon teal are mostly in this flyway, & only come back
    from Mexico, so they are always in demand, & I gifted about 11 or 12
    this past year.
    I have gifted to all 50 states, Canada & Puerto Rico over the last few years.
    Good to talk to all of you.

Always Glad to Help.

Bob Jungman
    Fresno Ca
    (559) 269-3336
    [email protected]

Bob

16. nate

nate Active Member

Thank you Bob for your generosity!! It's quite a feat to have to go through all the hassle of offering then sorting to what goes to who and then boxing and shipping. You gifted me a cinnamon teal and I can't wait to put it together. I'll be sending pics for sure.. Again, thank you so much for all that you do for everyone!! :)

17. AFTHUNT

Bob and all of you that gift us plumage poor taxi's up here. i can't THANK YOU enough if you did't gift birds to us northern guys who can't get good birds on a regular bases we would go broke buying birds. Your generosity is outstanding, i gift what i can and i know it is a pain in the [email protected]@ sometimes but it is really appreciated.

That is the reason for this topic is to thank the gifter and to let then see how they turned out. You can post pictures and you don't have to give credit of the gifter if that person wants to remain anonymous they will know your name and they can see your mount.

Thank You
    Tom :)

18. Gifted scoter from cougar125. Thanks for your service Sir!![​IMG]

19. Kottejr

Kottejr Member

cant remember who I got this one from, working to get better on my birds. thank you all that gift birds to us.

Attached Files:

20. Kottejr

Kottejr Member

This pintail hen came from Bob. Thank you for being so generous.

Attached Files: