1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Trouble posting

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by George, Aug 30, 2015.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Am I the only one who is having trouble answering posts here? Every time I type a message and click on "POST", the screen dies. Then I'll get an "Error 404) or "Website cannot be found." HOWEVER, when I go back to the site, oftentimes, the message actually posted. I would think it's AOL, but my Kindle is on Comcast and my Droid is on Verizon.

2. I've been having the same problem for awhile now too George and it might be a server issue on taxi nets side. Also could be Internet speed in and out too and there's usually a few sites on the Web for checking speed.

3. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

:(Same here George I think its the site . It does not matter what I am on Laptop (windows) desktop (Apple), or phone (Android). It runs slow , always getting error messages , etc etc.

4. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Yep, tends to upset a guy.

5. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I'm not getting the error, but I'll post something and in the "Info Center" it will show I posted it, BUT the post won't be in the thread. OR I'll see someone else's name in the "Info Center", but they are not in the thread either.

Then I may go back much later and the post may or may not be updated???

6. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Same here. It wasn't really this big of an issue. It seems over the last 10 years or so I've been here, it gets worse ,and worse, and worse.

There has to be a easier, better way to upload pics.

Its VERY frustrating.

7. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Me too.

8. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

post pics is easy, when posting just click on add attachments and upload a pic from your computer and presto, its there.

9. msestak

I also am having the trouble George described. my browser is internet explorer. it has to be this site. sometimes the error message or screen says that the site is down due to maintenance.

this happens when I try to answer a post. also in the link above "show new replies to your post" the Nazi gold train post doesn't go away after replying to it or reading it, it just stays there like someone replied to it.

I think taxi net has a server problem.

10. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Three times today I've attempted to get on this site and each time I got an error message saying the browser couldn't find any such website. I don't KNOW that it's Outdoor Hub who's the cause of all these issues but I do know it's Outdoor Hub who doesn't seem to have done a damned thing to correct any of them. I sign on in the morning and see "No recent unread posts". REALLY???? Then how can I come back on in 5 minutes and find that suddenly 5 new pages has sprung up. Guess all 70 people just waited and jumped on at once.

11. charlottezweb

charlottezweb New Member

This is a test post.

12. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I've been unable to post pics for a while now. For some reason I am unable to upload.

13. msestak

I just replied to a post. it took me to a separate page that said that page is not available. when I went back to the post, my post was there and now I cant get it out of the new replies post, same thing happened to the Nazi gold train post, that wont go away either.

I think outdoor hub is anti taxidermy :)

14. charlottezweb

charlottezweb New Member

Test post with image.

Attached Files:

15. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Test

Attached Files:

16. Ken Edwards

Test

Attached Files:

17. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

It's hit and miss for me. Sometimes it works great, but other times it says can't connect, or bad connection, or 404 error message.

18. Ken Edwards

We have made some changes to our server settings and altered some code. Hopefully these problems will diminish.

19. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I'm finding that I may be on the site for several minutes before it completely loads. Not sure who's end that would fall under. Some visits the "T" icon comes right up and sometimes It just spins and spins. Even tho I am able to browse, it seems hard to get a post thru during those times.

20. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I've also noticed that some pictures show up fine, but others are blank no matter what computer or phone I try to view them on.