1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Gatlinburg NTA show

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by double barrel, Aug 31, 2015.

1. double barrel

double barrel New Member

I used to live in knoxville Tn., 40 yrs. ago, and have in-laws there. When I heard NTA was comming to Gatlinburg, I planned to take the trip. But, missing work, money, all the usual things made me back out. Then, my father-in -law passed away at age 90. We had to go to Knoxville after all for the funeral. Seven hour drive with whole family.

The funeral on Sunday, I decided to try and see the exibits on Sat. I'm not a member, so we planned a walk-in off the streets just to see the displays. I took my whole family, 14 of us. My 4 grown kids, one granddaughter, 6 grandsons, age 5 on up to 17, wife and daughter in law.

They like my work, so I told them, " now you can see what some real taxidermy looks like." I stopped the hord at entering the room and explained, "don't touch!" These guys have days and months in these mounts so no running, horsing around and no touching, or I'll break your arm! LOL!

I was so afraid one would try and touch and break something or walk into a pedistal mount and knock something over. I had the nine grown-ups watching the five high strung bouncing off the wall grandsons so they wouldn't touch nothing. We took pics. and I really enjoyed the fine examples of mounts I saw. My own kids were "awstruck" at the airmounts and habitats that they are not accustomed to , looking at my work.

We had a great time, didn't knock anything over , and was treated very well. I'd like to thank all responsible for the show, especially the ones working the table at the door at 3 o'clock. Anybody know who these people were?

We enjoyed Gatlinburg, rode some rides and it was a good time. It helped overshadow the funeral comming on Sunday and lifted our spirits. My daughter-in-law took us in Doc Colliers and made me sample moonshine till I got a buzz on. Just kidding.

I wish I could have made the whole show. Maybe next time. I'd like to have met some of the people and saw the seminars.

Yes, I'm hoping they get the NTA back on track. Maybe I can attend another show someday, and see the whole thing.

2. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

Thank you for the nice post double barrel. We are working extremely hard to right the ship and get the NTA to a point that ALL taxidermists benefit!!

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Thank You DB. Nice post.

4. Thank you double barrel for the kind words. We're so glad you and your family had such a good time. Hope to see you at the next one in PA. :)
    Sorry you were in Gatlinburg under those circumstances though. Sincere condolences to you and your family.
    --Michelle

5. Chip Hayes

Chip Hayes New Member

The Tennessee Taxidermist Assoc. manned the table on Saturday. We're glad you enjoyed the mounts. The TTA enjoyed meeting and talking with all the visitors on Saturday. I hope Rex Haun gave you a good deal, with such a big group. Thanks for attending.

6. Yes Chip and thank you, the TTA did a great job helping out! Great guys Glad I got the chance to meet a few of them!

7. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

You guys really did a SUPER job not only with setting up down in the Competition Area but helping set up upstairs as well. Heath and I could not have done it without you.