1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Kidney Transplant 5 year Anniverary

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by boxerpet, Sep 1, 2015.

1. boxerpet

boxerpet Harry Paulson-grateful

It has been 5 years today Sept 1st since Mike Schlabach donated his kidney to a complete taxidermy stranger, Harry Paulson, after hearing about my problem after a notice placed on this site by George Roof.
    I am forever grateful to all of my friends and taxidermists who helped with this life saving operation.
    Mike you were a God sent and will always remain in my heart for this generous gift of life.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

We all love you Harry, and we treasure every day you're in the world. Happy 5th anniversary, my friend!

3. grumpa

grumpa Active Member

Harry, A miracle coincidence for you, and Mikey will be blessed for his generosity. Glad you're still going strong and Mike is as successful as ever. Hoping that you both "live long and prosper" Frank.

4. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    A great milestone and here's to wishing you see many more.

5. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Harry
    Congratulations and many more to you. I'm very happy your still here. Thank you too , Mike . Love ya both.

6. zorro

zorro New Member

One of the greatest stories I know.

7. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Harry, I am so very pleased for your continued good health and your lovely new family in this second chapter of your life. I am so grateful for Michael's incredible generosity and the miracle which brought you two together. If this was the only good thing that came out of the Taxidermy Net in the past 19 years of its existence, it would be enough to justify everything. God bless you and Mike.

8. clewis

clewis New Member

Congratulations to you both. An extraordinary gift to a very special person.

9. Very Happy to hear you are doing well !

10. Whitetailart

Whitetailart New Member

WOW 5 years already

11. Tom McNeal

Tom McNeal Member

This is certainly a day for celebration Harry! May you and Mike enjoy many many more of these special anniversaries in the years to come!

With best wishes,
    Tom & Gail McNeal

12. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Yes sir, just like Ken said this has to be one if not the top story of generosity here on Taxinet. Alot of killing our own young goes on here but this story about saving a man's life is breathtaking. Congrats to you Harry on your 5 year quest for survival and congrats to Michael for being your Angle here on earth.
    Regards, Geno

13. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Harry, what a great occasion to celebrate! In Italian, we have a special toast to those we love such as you and Michael. Chin Don! Translated from actual Italian; Salute a cent'anno, it means long life for a hundred years! Here's to you and Mike, tonight and always!

14. That's what I was gonna say! and congratulations Harry and Mike. :)

15. Harry you and Michael are really special people here on the Taxi-Net. Thank the good Lord that you two made it through a really difficult time in your life. Hope you have many more anniversaries.

Your Friend,

John Griffith

16. Western Wildlife Art Studio

Western Wildlife Art Studio STUDIO PHONE (406) 356-2100

Glad to hear your doing well Harry. Mikeyyyy, you are an inspiration to us all. Celebrations are in order. Best to both of you !

17. Bruce_Rittel

Bruce_Rittel Consultant Services

What a beautiful gift you were given, Harry! Thank you Mike! That was very giving of you - and I applaud your donation. When it happened - I always thought it probably was the most unselfish thing I've ever encountered on here! You are both to be congratulated on its success. I'm very happy for you both!

18. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Love ya Harry!

19. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

Harry, you are one of my longest friends in taxidermy and I'm so Happy that Mike gave so unselfishly to help save your life. I would do anything for either of you. Here is to many more years of friendship to both of you.
    Love ya,
    Tony Finazzo

20. copper

copper Active Member

how time flys,I remember reading about this when it first originated,made me cry. what a great thing mike did there and hope im able to meet and shake his hand one day. great to hear you are doing well harry,god is good all the time