1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How much does a muntjac skull go for?

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by btr, Sep 10, 2015.

1. btr

btr Member

How much does a decent muntjac skull go for in the USA? I'm not really sure where to find one, nor how much they should cost.

I know they are common in England, but I can't go through the import stuff.

2. RENUIRT

RENUIRT Member

...depends what kind of muntjak your looking for..you can find some for sale on ebay. ..

3. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Look on eBay and you will find Chinese Water deer as well. I found a water deer on there that was a Gold Medal CIC scoring skull. Be patient and they show up.

4. RENUIRT

RENUIRT Member

..there was one here for sale a few days ago..and it looks huge with big fangs!..there's a seller on eBay that sells water/musk deer from time to time but he's located in China..

5. btr

btr Member

Ok, I've got ebay feeds going... how much $ should a good muntjac skull cost?

6. RENUIRT

RENUIRT Member

...expect it to be at least $100..but then again it depends what kind of muntjak it is..

7. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Kind and size will matter. The Chinese Water Deer I have cost me $200 but is a record one. No antlers but very large canines. To whit, something is worth what you are willing to pay for it. A lot of eBay sellers will also entertain offers if you ask them.

8. RENUIRT

RENUIRT Member

..that's usually how much they go for between $185 to $250 depending on the seller, size and condition..i got mine for $200 plus..there was a chinese water deer i saw on eBay that was sold for $800 plus..that was way too expensive..lol..then again some buyers don't care and don't know how much those usually cost!..