1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Federal Duck Stamp and Thank You

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Nambroth, Sep 25, 2015.

1. I hope this post is okay; I wanted to give some thanks where thanks are due.

My name is Jennifer Miller, and I rarely post mostly because I normally have nothing of value to contribute. I am a beginning, amateur taxidermist at best and haven't even worked on any birds in the last year due to my schedule. That said, I do read and learn and I wanted to offer my thanks to everyone that contributes here. I have loved birds and studied them my whole life so that I can portray them accurately and thoughtfully in my paintings and taxidermy has allowed me to research them in ways that photos or even observing and handling live birds can't quite do. So for sharing all that you do, I thank you for that!

I also wanted to thank the folks that have gifted me birds in the past. I've asked for very few because I am such an amateur, but they have taught me so much!

Why all this thanking? Well, I am really honored to say that I won the 2015-16 Federal Duck Stamp competition with my painting of Ruddy Ducks, so those of you that hunt migratory birds will have my silly little ducks on your stamp. It's a huge honor! Thank you all once again.

[​IMG]

2. That's a very cool competition to win! The stamp Looks awesome and will be attached to the top of my license! Congratulations!

3. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

That's awesome Jennifer! You duck stamp artists always amaze and inspire me. I paint too and it is my goal to put out work like that - Long way to go. Congrats!

4. bananas!

bananas! Member

Congratulations! That's awesome!!

5. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

wow thats great!

6. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

Congratulations Jennifer !!

7. tom k

tom k New Member

Congrats thats awesome

8. smitty0810

smitty0810 Member

Well that's just fantastic...

"Yea I know the person that painted did the duck stamp painting.... 8)."

Haha not really though. Either way.. Veryyy impressive!

9. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Congrats! Well done.

10. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Great job! I love Ruddy ducks!

11. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

very nice..can you come over and paint the bills on 2 spring drake ruddy mounts I have here.....that blue is spot on and a very difficult color to blend

12. nate

nate Active Member

That is wonderful! Beautiful stamp!!

13. mmwtdh

mmwtdh Member

Nice... That's very cool.

14. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Congratulations Jennifer and thank you for thanking us!

15. dianny

dianny Member

What an honor. That really is a beautiful painting. You should be so proud.

16. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Congratulations Jennifer !! What an honor it must be! Thanks for sharing!

17. Wow, thank you all so much! I never expected such a response. You all inspire, thank you!

18. Very cool honor! Congrats

19. Very cool,it will be my honor to purchase your stamp.

20. cambridge d.r.

cambridge d.r. Member

Congrats Jennifer! What an honor! I have a few 1st of State Duck stamp prints and a couple of Federal Duck stamp prints hanging with my Waterfowl collection. The work and detail is much appreciated by this fellow Bird lover. Aware of how tough it is to make it to the top, lots of excellent competition out there ( those darn but gifted Hautman Brothers) Way to go!