1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA Ramblings

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by NTA, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

Jim, what are you talking about. I drug your name through dirt?? WHERE??? Answer that first and we can move forward!!!!

2. jim tucker

jim tucker Well-Known Member

Constantly talking about the "previous board" as some kind of crooks. I was part of that board and all the problems were personal issues between 3 or 4 people who did everything they could to screw the other to the detriment of the NTA on BOTH SIDES. Some of those people STILL involved. I am tired of being lumped in with them when 6 OF YOUR CURRENT BOARD + Fred were in that group as well. Are they crooks. They didn't do a "damn thing" either as that keeps getting brought up. The truth is any time we worked to get things heading the right way your Pals were the roadblock waving the bylaws around. Now that their path is being followed the by laws are "just a suggestion".

This is all a pretty damn simple project that keeps getting derailed by someone's agenda. The problem is that there is NO ONE questioning a damn thing now because the other side left. Anytime the by-laws get in the way some how they get circumvented to the good of those same people.

You guys need to be TRANSPARENT in a different way then you are thinking. For example. 2 of your current board members don't want to show their rear ends in public. I spent those 7 months with them and they will pull all kinds of stunts behind closed doors, but get them in a forum where they might get found out or a question might get asked....well they clam right up. So how do they fix the fact that some MEMBERS would like to participate in the meetings? EXECUTIVE SESSION. The last thing the NTA needs is more executive sessions.

The current HQ is another perfect example. Fred has been promoting Tim for that job ever since I got involved. When the BOARD decided that APPLICANTS would be allowed(rather than just give Tim the job), immediately we had to have this ELABORATE job description that if I posted it here everyone would laugh. It was to be posted the first of August 2015. Suddenly now that there is no one to fight for that...Tim is the new HQ, without ANY notice to the members so they could apply, AND sorry to point this out but he DOES NOT COME CLOSE to meeting the qualifications that Fred said I had to add to the job description...AND YOU KNOW the way he is being compensated does NOT follow the by laws or the rules of non profits and maybe even Illinois State Law.

You know what? I don't really care. Except for the fact that I don't like being made a fool of. All these issues that you guys are addressing were addressed, however not to the liking of some so they had to start sabotaging it all. Now they want to come forward and act like they were above it all when they were actually the PROBLEM!?

So in your mind is what has gone on since the resignations been right? Have the By Laws been followed? Or is expediency, personal agendas, and EASE been the rule of the day? I know the answer.

You guys want to keep dragging the former board members through the dirt keep right at it. I can play that game as well.

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

AND YOU KNOW the way he is being compensated does NOT follow the by laws or the rules of non profits and maybe even Illinois State Law.

Jim, just so you know: I signed that contract, reported it to the RRRB, will receive a 1099 and pay taxes on it. As legal as it can be. It is a one year reviewable contract.

Creager, you also do not know what you are talking about. I have not been on paper since 2012. Know the law before you start quoting it. Will help keep you from looking stupid.

Feldt (zorro) nice Photoshop work. I don't wear a suit very often, but when I do.........I look damn good in it.

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

That is probably the most true statement on this entire thread!!!!!!!!

5. I feel the same Mike, & a whole meeting at that !!
    I thought an assoc, has to have a Public meeting first then make a motion to go into Executive session ? , Then they come out to a regular Public meeting, But hey I'm sure they can do it ,, Hope all works out.

Gregg I

6. jim tucker

I received this PM. Just wanted to make sure EVERYONE can see what I am going to respond to so no one can come back and say anything different was said.

Yes, Harry I KNOW but not everybody does. I apologize for getting hot Harry, but only in the sense that I know you guys don't necessarily mean Heath or I. People coming into this at the end don't know that though.

However in the future if you guys are going to generalize in ways that include ME, I WILL respond. If you, Tim or anyone else still associated with NTA discredits something I was involved in and took seriously, without specifics, I will respond. In my mind this experience has hurt my reputation through no fault of mine.

You guys want to move on, do so. If you are going to make snide remarks about past dealings how about naming names and I will do the same. That way we leave no confusion.

Worst part I want exactly what you want NTA wise. We might disagree on how to get there but that's OK.

If that is true I am glad and I apologize Tim.

However, then why in the hell did you fight so hard AGAINST that very same arrangement in June when we were trying to get that very same thing done? I don't get it. We tried to work within the by laws and everyone was fighting tooth and nail. YOU INCLUDED. We tired to get the HQ installed with you and all that was asked is what you are saying you did NOW? What the hell, I have PAGES of emails involving the WHOLE BOD where you are saying NO WAY to that very arrangement. That irritates me even MORE.

I won't speak for Heath but I feel like I got thrown under the bus by both you and Fred on that very issue. You guys better not deny it either because I won't let that fly. I am tired of being made out as a fool.

7. antlerman

However, then why in the hell did you fight so hard AGAINST that very same arrangement in June when we were trying to get that very same thing done?

Very simply because I had not spoke with the RRRB and did NOT realize that I could do this legally. I wanted to help, but didn't want to get into trouble for doing it. As I found out I can do it, so doing it the right way was the only way to do it. Otherwise I just couldn't do the job. Once I obtained the correct information and knowledge we proceeded to do it the right way.

8. jim tucker

Good for you.

9. antlerman

Thank You Jim. Truly, we are trying to do everything the right way. Only then can we offer an NTA with a degree of respect to the membership.

10. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    O.K. I have busy all day delivering mounts to clients, so I am late getting to this "party" !!
    As Jim as already mentioned, it takes a good bit to get me fired up but when I do, I am going to give it all to you !!
    First off all, I am, well I guess I was, always thought "NTA members first" in my short term as an NTA Board Member. That is why I didn't like that the NTA advertised the incorrect prize fund amount. I do not like to be misleading !! I mean, hell, if I have a client who says he/she is coming to pay me soon, I do not "put" that money into my checking account before I get it !! Just good business sense there !!
    Secondly, you can call me ugly, fat, stupid or an asshole and that does not bother me. But nobody can ever question my dedication or loyalty to something that I believe in. And when somebody does that pisses me off to no extent !! And everybody is going to hear about it !!!
    That's right Tim, I am pointing my finger at you ! You of all people should be thanking us instead of saying we were out to "get" you !! If we wanted to, we could have left YOU look like a fool ! But no, WE stepped up and made everything/you look perfectly fine and smooth. And I had no problem with that. I dont need a pat on the back. I would rather stay in the background and have nobody even know what we did. But when you get on here and accuse me of trying to "get at you", then I have a problem !!
    So once again Tim, I ask, what changed since the time you wanted us back on the board and now that you want to accuse of us of trying to "get" at you, even though we helped you out so much???? Kinda of weird, doesn't it seem? All I ask is for an answer to this or for you to tell me you won't answer and then I will understand !!

11. EA

EA Well-Known Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIM!

12. antlerman

Thank You Mike

13. antlerman

Heath, I do not understand why I have to keep explaining. I was not including you. You did a great job of having my back and doing what was necessary to get the job done and pulling off the show. Read the before postings. I have addressed this many times already. Am I not understanding the question here or something?? I'm sorry if you feel I was lumping you together with others. That was not my meaning or intention. You did a fantastic job. Again, Thank You so much. The show would not have been the success it was if not for your untiring work ethic. And, I know others appreciated you as well.

14. I feel like I'm in a time warp--- is it 2004? 2009? 2012? I became a taxidermist in 2004 and THIS SAME PROBLEM (the NTA as a BOARD) has not been resolved and continues to be argued on a public forum to the detriment of THE NTA AND EVERYONE INVOLVED. Some of the players are different and I'm sure everyone has great intentions but the fact remains there are too many egos screaming that his or hers is the correct and ONLY way it should be done. Just remember that potential members are on here constantly and are put off by the nonsense. As an X- NTA member I know I am.

15. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    How's this for a novel theory Harry; you've been chest thumping since 2009 about all the money you spent pursuing legal matters on the NTA. Suddenly you're entrusted to reorganize the books and finances only to pad the invoice of your handpicked CPA. You came up agsinst minor opposition and swore every conceivable revenge against anyone who felt your invoice needed to be challenged. Next you finaggled the books, documents and all financial records to make us think 10K was stolen. That's called MOTIVE in any law dog's book. Get this through your paper thin skull, no one stole a dime then or afterwards. If anyone God willing goes to the BRPD, I'd like to nominate you as Suspect #1. Have a wonderful board meeting tonight. You can send me a threatening text message when you're all done.

Mr. Tucker,
    By all means, I encourage you or any one else to please post any official email you have from me. I stand firm on my convictions agsinst racism now as I did then and always will.

16. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I lost my scorecard ! Someone help me out.

I think I had it (7) Stolen Monies, (3) Misplaced Funds, (4) Cooked books, (6) It's all there's. (10) Hang in there's (Umpteen) Wasn't me that was You's, and a handful of, I'm not tellin' the PoPo, you tell'em's.

Does that sound about right?

17. You forgot everybody lies !

Kinda reminds me of Survivor, lie,cheat steal,alliances, broken promises, secret dealings, vote your friend off, all in front of the viewing public.

18. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    That's because there's actually only one Harry Whitehead Jr. with the most inastiable agenda and superiority complex in the history of the NTA. Before too long he'll be on someone else's back screamig the same old same old. The Grinch tried to steal Christmas the way Harry's trying to do likewise to the NTA since 2009. Only the Grinch found his conscience just in time.

19. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

So how was the meeting?? Or was it executive session so it's secret?? :eek: LOL

20. jim tucker

They could tell you but they would have to kill you.