1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Replicaracks nose pad tool

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by ljones, Oct 9, 2015.

1. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

start to finish group of pictures showing the results you can get using replicaracks nose pad tool easy and fast to use and will give professional results. Go to replicaracks.com to get you one

ALL THESE PICTURES ARE OF THE SAME MOUNT

Notice the cut in the pad . No problem to fix with this tool . Also any misalignments of the skin around the nostrils can be corrected .... THE DETAIL IN THIS TOOL WAS CAST DIRECTLY FROM A REAL DEER NOSE PAD AND NOT SOMETHING THAT WAS MADE UP SIMULATE THE NODULES SIZE OR SHAPE !!

DRIED MOUNT WITH NO FINISH WORK
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    AFTER EPOXY WORK AND TEXTURING USING THE NOSE PAD TOOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    AFTER PAINTING AND GLOSS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These two pictures are LIVE DEER REFERENCE PHOTOS.... THIS TOOL WILL CAPTURE THIS KIND OF DETAIL IN A FRACTION OF THE TIME YOU WILL SPEND USING OTHER METHODS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HERE IS A PICTURE OF WHAT THIS. IS DONE WITH... REPLICARACKS NOSE PAD TOOL
    [​IMG]

2. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Nice...looks like a time saver for sure!

3. Sorry, but too much like a raspberry for me

4. ljones

Sorry but I have to disagree no raspberrys or anything else artificial used in the casting ... 100% real detail

THE DETAIL IN THIS TOOL WAS CAST DIRECTLY FROM A REAL DEER NOSE PAD AND NOT SOMETHING THAT WAS MADE UP SIMULATE NODULES SIZE OR SHAPE !!

5. big dan

big dan Member

utah
    Interested...... Let's see a pic of the tool

6. ljones

I added a picture in my original post

click on the link in my first post it will take you to replicaracks.com website then look under products for sale ..there's a picture and other information there

7. Jerry

Jerry New Member

I bought one after the tannery had an issue and most of my nose pads lifted off. It was sure a life saver for that issue. I don't use it on all, but it does work great!

8. I use this tool for repairs, i.e. - scars, cuts in nose pad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 New Member

I bought one on ebay around 10 yrs ago for a repair. I am on my 3rd nose pad tool now. I use it on every head that leaves my shop now. Real time saver.