1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First Owl

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Ittybit, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Ittybit

Ittybit Member

IL
    Just got my first owl to do for conservation display. Have the body out but not sure how to skin the head so put it in the freezer for now. Where do I get the eyes? After looking at the beak I would like to use the actual skull and beak but not sure how to get to it to clean it. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ittybit

Ittybit Member

IL
    So far what I can find in researching is I need to get "Birds of Prey" and possible check with Breakthough for an article sometime around 2008. When doing a search in learned not to type in owl since waterfowl also comes up. Going to keep searching because I plan to do the best job I can for this beautiful bird.

3. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

Kathy -- see if you can PM Falco.

Good luck

4. Eyeconic will have eyes

5. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

there is a bare spot on the front and ea side of neck alongside throat,good place to make a relief cut to turn head(nancy) n or cut open back of head..but keep it well dusted with borax.etc to soak up grease

6. Ittybit

Ittybit Member

IL
    Thank you all, I have sent a few PMs and also ordered a back issue from Breakthrough