1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Cleaning Out the Freezer

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by cougar125, Oct 15, 2015.

1. cougar125

cougar125 New Member

2. pm sent

3. Surf scoter if still available. Would like to pair it up with one from DogSoldierChick from earlier this year if still available. Either way thanks for sharing these.

4. vmax

vmax Member

Hello All,

I feel compelled to say something here....You are dealing with Federally Protected waterfowl here because he said they were shot last season.

Federal regulations state that you can only gift the birds to another person through the USPS or in your own home and accept nothing for it. No gifts, No money, No anything. Buy charging for postage will and can be considered payment for the birds. A Federal offense!!!!

Even if you had a game breeders license this still would be bad because you said they are shot birds.

It's awesome that you are offering this to others....just don't charge for shipping or anything.

You are on a slippery slope here!!!!

5. cougar125

cougar125 New Member

No....I'm not. I spoke with my local Fish and Game guys. If I have receipts for the actual shipping costs and I am not making a profit on the animal parts, I am good. Thanks for your concern though.

6. vmax

vmax Member

That's great news....I am happy that it works out to be a positive!!!!!

7. seaduck23

seaduck23 New Member

Wraith stop acting like johnny law.you obvious have no clue to the Actual rules and regs.I've gifted well over 300 ducks on this site and it's people like you who know it all that drive me nuts.

8. vmax

vmax Member

Dear Seaduck23,

I would like to first thank you for putting me in my place. It was short, concise and to the point and above all it was positive, constructive and educational.....thank you!

I didn't realize that expressing concern for others and not wanting to see them get in hot water infuriated you so much. I will take that into consideration the next time I post on this forum.

I know the law well enough to know that there is as many ways to interpret it as there are people. I am bound to uphold those laws based off of how my local law enforcement interprets and chooses to enforce those laws. It does not matter if I agree with them or not. Unfortunately it's the society we live in unless you are wealthy and have unlimited funds to hire the best layers to defend your case. With that being said, I was advised by my regional game warden how he reads and interprets the law for gifting waterfowl. What he advised me on is how I presented it earlier in this thread. Write or wrong, that is the standards I am being held to.

I also want to thank you for considering all sides of this scenario before you posted your comments. We have been well educated thanks to you.

I am happy for everyone that this worked out the way it did. People learned that they have some flexibility and power when wanting to gift their birds. Others are benefiting from getting the birds for their benefit in any way possible and the gentleman gets to have more room for the birds he harvests this season. It's a win win for all.

seaduck23....once again I would like to thank you for making this forum a positive, constructive, educational and safe place to post.

I have said my peace and do not wish to get into a debate as we all know too well can happen leading to giving this forum a black eye. I have no desire to perpetuate and strengthen the negative....thanks for listening. I am glad that you have gifted over 300 birds on this site. People are benefiting from your generosity.....that's awesome!!!

I hope you all have a wonder day!

9. seaduck23

seaduck23 New Member

I loved gifting ducks.sea ducks especially.it used to make me feel good to help people who had no chance at getting a prime oldsquaw,scoter,brant or eider.But then the thank yous stopped and so did the appreciation.then dealing with people preaching laws it became a headache.the feds lay the law out in black in white.no need to care what some officer thinks of the law.the law is the law and as long as the shippinng fee is the only money exchanged its pure legal.sad thing is ive actually had to tell local game wardens and town police laws on duckhunting.they didnt want to hear it but in the end i was actually the one getting an apology.follow the printed laws and know them well and do you man.that's all I'm saying.

10. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

How is reimbursing someone exact shipping paying for the birds. Nothing extra is going toward the bird it's self. I've call DEC officers when I first started gift birds and in not a federal offense if you pay exact shipping so I'm not sure who you talked to Johnny law but get your facts straight before you open your big mouth. It s hard enough to find guys to gift birds and help out beginners then you gotta start this crap. I gift birds when I get extras to help out others like some guys have helped me

11. cougar125

cougar125 New Member

Is the dick measuring contest over?

I'll continue to gift birds to those that cover shipping. I can't afford to cover shipping on several birds a year. I won't even try. At that point I'll breast out every trophy bird, grill it up, and feed the dogs. Seaducks don't taste great but they do have very beautiful features that many cannot enjoy being able to harvest themselves.

12. GEEZ !!!!

13. finfeathr

finfeathr Member

100% legal to gift legally harvested waterfowl as long as payment is for shipping only, actual cost. I gift tons of birds on here, and have a good relationship with the feds and local DEC. So, straight from the guys in green, it's perfectly ok as long as actual shipping costs are what we are talking about. My yearly shipping costs on gifted birds runs close to a grand, and I am not laying it out either. I make a pread sheet with peoples names, internet handle, what type of birds they want, and whether or not they paid for shipping before the bird leaves the freezer.
    Wrath, while I can appreciate the fact that you are just trying to help, someone like you comes on here every time someone gifts birds and cries wolf without knowing the facts. I am sorry your local game warden gave you incorrect information, but the naxt time you see him, you might want to tell him to contact Washington on the issue before he makes a costly mistake by prosecuting someone unjustly because of his "interpretation" of a law.