1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Please Read Before Posting In This Category

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Bill Yox, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Western Wildlife Art Studio

Western Wildlife Art Studio STUDIO PHONE (406) 356-2100

Bob -- that feature does not exist anymore for some reason -- MOD's has that been disabled ?

2. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

For some reason, when we upgraded to our new server, the "Report to Moderator" function mysteriously disappeared. But since performance has improved substantially, we have tried not to make too many waves. We are working on the problem, but in the meantime feel free to email a moderator if you see something which needs reporting.

3. Jason Cox

Jason Cox Active Member

So...in the for sale section when an item sells...I tried to add the word SOLD to the title but cant seem to figure out how to do that. When I select "edit" options it allows me to edit the tags...or the body of the post...but not the title..So Ive been adding SOLD as a reply to the post to let buyers know the item is sold...How do you edit the title of the post?

4. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

Jason
    If you go to the thread tools button at the top of the post you can edit the title from that menu. Took me a while to find it as well.

Jason Cox likes this.
  5. Fernando

Fernando Member

What is the reason that my posts are in light ink versus others in heavy lettering?

6. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

The headings that are bold are ones you haven’t read yet since a new reply. Your posts will appear bold to anyone who hasn’t read them since the last post was made.

7. Jason Cox

Jason Cox Active Member

There seems to be some confusion about what a taxidermy item is. A new member posted some bobcats dried with no feet attached. A taxidermist could attatch feet and make a mount, could he not? There are a bunch of taxidermist attacking the new guy claiming that his post was not taxidermy related (breaking the PM rule)...I jumped in to try and defend the guy because I believe his hide could be mounted with the addition of some paws (I have extra ones of he needs them). And, the whole thing turned into a giant pissing match...I did report the first rule breaker..but soon joined in because they were name calling and being very disrespectful to the seller...Just some trapper trying to sell his hides.

I can't seem to find a clear definition of exactly what a taxidermy item is on the site. I thought it might help to solve some of these conflicts if you had clear definitions of what a taxidermy-related item is. That way, there is no confusion about what item can and what item cannot be considered taxidermy related. Many sellers have bo clue what constitutes a taxidermy item and what does not. In my opinion, a dried hide with the hair/fur on it is a taxidermy item...feet or no feet. But, that isn't byrdman's definition...See what I mean...Conflict waiting to happen..Your thoughts?