1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Signing off taxi.net for a while

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by AndyO, Jul 10, 2007.

1. After viewing my stats and seeing I've spent 22 days on taxi.net it's time to log off for a while. I went back and read through some posts and noticed I've become a "salty ass". I spend more time defending my replies than providing useful information. I think the long time Taxi.net users all go through a time when they need to get away for a while-- it's my time now.

I'm sure I'll stop in time to time to lurk (who can pass up the fish of the week thread ;))

Hope to see some of you this month in Kentucky.

Later,
    Andy

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

No harm in lurking, Andy, and I think your opinion is always welcome here! Hurry back.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

and churches are full of people that say they will never sin again. ;D Andy, don't be so hard on your self. ;D

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Andy, your responses are always inciteful and well thought out. You provide a mellowness that some of us lack or have discarded and the new guys, still full of the excitement of this industry, need that perspective. Stop taking comments that people like me make personal. It's not intended that way. This should be like golf. If one hole gave your trouble, the tee box on the next hole is right there in front of you starting a clean slate. Hang on in there.

5. 22 hours?? I am up to 10 days plus, darn I have some catching up to do. NOT!! Good luck.

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Come back Andy!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

7. TRAPPERGIRL

TRAPPERGIRL Proud Member-Taxidermy M.A.F.I.A. & Taxinet Clique

i know i'm on here WAY too much --- every time i pass the computer -- i has to see whats new -- i'm gonna have ta move the computer to a upstairs room ;D

8. I hope not

9. michael p.

I was just wondering the same thing Cynic.....great minds think alike ;) ;D

10. Don't let the Door Hit you in the A** !... ;D ;) Ok.. Andy....Go mow the Lawn, then you can come back !

11. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I have nothing against this guy but......why do people always think it is necessary to ANNOUNCE their leaving of a BB!?!? Just leave.

Do they want everyone to go "oh, don't leave, Please, please".

If your leaving .....leave. Just my opinion.

12. Geez Jim! Maybe he has a few friends on here and was just trying to let them know he wouldn;t be around for a while. No harm in that is there?

13. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Hey Andy I'm sure I'm not saying any thing that hasn't already been said just I would add my own thoughts for your continuation with your contributions and thoughtful posts. I understand the time on here can be some thing from time to time however it is all in good fun for the most part and as i mentioned you are one of those who does contribute in site and good posts in my opinion.

My best to you!

Rick

14. BYGOLLY VOOOOOOODDDOOOOO

15. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Mike, I thought you found the secret to moderation and self controll. ;D

16. michael p.

Why do yankees call soda water.... pop ??? ??? ??? LOL

17. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I guess not if that was the point.

Look I think EVERYONE has value on a board such as this. Even those who people think are jerks. Message boards allow people to be a little more open in their dialog. something that is sorely missed in the good ol USA these days.

I belong to several message boards and it always gets my goat when people post the "I'm leaving because I get yelled at" or "I am leaving because no one understands me". If someone posted "I will be gone because I am moving or on vacation" that is different.

Andy, you shouldn't "leave". Just learn to read posts that may interest you, answer when it motivtes you, and always speak your mind. Salty or not. You can spend 15 minutes a day on here and see what you need to see.

18. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

19. michael p.

Jim, I am LMAO!! The only bright yellow spot on that map showing texans that call it soda is my county (fayette) I guess we're special (ed)!! LOL

20. Thats because y'all are a bunch of Bohemians. lmao