1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Supplier

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Shaun1030, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Shaun1030

Shaun1030 New Member

Just had a quick question my son has been doing a lot of bird taxidermy and we get our supply to Mackenzie they have fair prices but the shipping is killing us is there any other companies you guys would recommend to buy supplies through thank you shaun

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Where are you?

3. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

It's not McKenzie's fault. UPS and FedEx are gouging us due to a lack of competition.

4. check the list of suppliers on the main page here,,

5. Shaun1030

Shaun1030 New Member

twin falls Idaho

6. ysb123

ysb123 Member

Shipping prices are terrible, we all suffer! It's amazing when gas prices where up they blamed it on that, when fuel prices went down, I didn't notice shipping going down!

7. vmax

vmax Member

It is very frustrating how the shipping companies stick it to us because they know we really don't have any options when we don't live within driving distance of a supply house....It's amazing how they always have some lame excuse on why their prices are so high just so they don't have to take responsibility for their actions....that's the most infuriating part.

The only stand we can make is to make molds and do all the casting ourselves. Yes it's an expensive and time consuming endeavor, but in the long run it pays fore itself ten fold.

IF there are other taxidermists in your area ask them if they would like to make one big order and split the shipping.

I know it's once a year, but you have the option of picking up supplies at the shows...no shipping.

To really answer your question cecil nailed it on the head....we are at their mercy!!!

8. clewis

clewis New Member

Sometimes it makes sense to create an account with the shipping company. Doing so may save you money based on their contract with you. Both Fe3dEx and UPS do this. When ordering supplies, advise the supplying company to put the charges on your account number - some will and others prefer not to, but it can save a little. Having an account also saves your customers money on shipping finished work to them. Good Luck. I also agree that they gouge us at every turn - fuel surcharges still in effect when gas prices are at least a dollar or more less than when the surcharge was implemented. Rural delivery surcharge and home delivers surcharge and on and on - a real crock.

9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Excellent point Craig. An account helps -- a little.

10. vmax

vmax Member

Thanks for the great info Craig.......that's good stuff!!!!!