1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The steady downfall of something that was once great...

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Jimmy Lawrence, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Lol, George

3. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Yesterday I was on 4 different times. Two of the four times it either wouldn't load pages at all or took over a minute each time. Today it seems to work okay so far, but it's been like this for awhile. It's very inconsistent. You have to really want to get on to put up with that.

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Today, I entered a reply and hit POST. After waiting 60 seconds for it to load, I hit POST again. This time I waited for 3 minutes and then I hit POST again. This time, the site kicked me off and then wouldn't allow me to sign back on. Once if finally decided to let me back on, I found that my response had, in fact, been posted.

5. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I pretty much have ZERO problems logging on, posting photos, etc etc. I use 2 different computers regularly and an Android tablet. It would seem the issues are on the user end and not this site.

6. I don't have any problems either. Facebook is killing this site not the posting problems IMO

Although the posting problems people are having aren't helping

7. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I post from two different computers and my iphone 6. All have issues posting and often I can't even get on the site. The phone seems to have less issues than the computers.

8. The Month in fish pics is a good gauge , November drawing to a close n not even 2 pages on there. It used to have 5 , 6 , 7 and more pages of fishy posts . I cant post on there anymore, put it in the too hard basket, :mad: n I aint the only one. ;)

9. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Add to every other reason...its hunting season and most taxidermists are busy. Traditionally taxinet always sees a lull this time of year.

10. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Jim I might buy that but I use aa PC, a laptop, a Kindle, and a Droid phone. Tough justifying the"user end" theory and I suspect I'm here as often as anyone.

11. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

I have only been doing taxidermy for a few years, and have come to this site quite often for research, help, ideas and even once or twice share photos of my work.
    I do not post many questions and when I do it is after a search to see what is already done (if the search is working).

With all that in mind, my opinion is not a historical one based on grander days, but is based on a comparison with other forums I frequent now. I believe the interface (website, ohub etc) to access taxi net is the number one problem. Why? Because after a 10 hour day of mounting something I snap a few pictures to share hoping to get an honest critique and the sites down or pictures won't load I just close taxi net and move on.
    I use tapatalk for archery talk forum and never have the issues that make me a reader instead of a poster on Ohub taxi net.

V/r
    Jon

12. Bill Yox

Unfortunately, from an economics standpoint, an archery site will have the potential to have a lot more members looking at many more ads, etc, as compared to the relatively smaller audience that makes up taxidermy numbers.

I do have to kind of chuckle at what we have become though. No offense meant to you jhunter13, please read this as I mean it...isnt it funny how this site isnt good enough because after 10 hours of you working on something and snapping some pics for a critique...that you cannot get instantly? See what we have become? Again, yes this isnt "the olden days" and no, I dont want to use an outhouse instead of plumbing, but our need for instant whatever just isnt fast enough anymore! Once again, take no negative from this jhunter, its not you I am chuckling at...its US. Thanks for the input .

13. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Bill,
    No offense taken. In my case it's my lack of patience to deal with the frustration and not the instant gratification. Heck, if I could log in, create a post and add picture's walk away knowing 10 minutes later it would load I'd be fine with that.

14. Bill Yox

We are funny how we need it asap in this day and age. But, I wish this site had that speed back again. Im confident that Ken will get it worked out. Meanwhile, I just hope everyone feels its worth the wait.

15. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    As long as we have a place to piss and moan until things are improved, I think most of us will be OK. Those that aren't, I'm sorry to see you go.

16. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Bill, the information and knowledge available on this site out ways any frustration. I certainly am not going anywhere, just going to do more reading and surfing than posting and uploading.

17. JE

JE Well-Known Member

I use Photo bucket for loading pics, this means first uploading to Photobucket, then copy and paste link to Taxi net, works every single time. It may take 4-5 minutes tops, granted if I wanted to load several pics it would take a bit time, but it works without fail. Obviously it would make life much easier if we could upload direct without problems but it is what it is.
    Plus there must be more to the decline than simple uploading times ?
    John

18. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I've been here since Taxinet was introduced and plan on staying forever. Where else can I find George Roof. My only beef is that I have a problem posting a picture....it never works for me. However there are a few people on here that will generously post a picture for me if I email it to them....problem solved. But I wish I could do it myself. Happy Thanksgiving...JL

19. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

This site is ours as taxidermists. Face book is for socializing and that's not a bad thing. My taxidermy posts get traction there that don't even compare, but that also includes family and friends outside the industry. Here it's pure us. I like that.

20. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

X2 Ken