1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The steady downfall of something that was once great...

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Jimmy Lawrence, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

8 pages of bullspit, and nothing good about fish taxidermy, or learning. Point proven I think.

2. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I agree with this.

Bigger isn't always better. There's enough content on here to keep my interest. I don't need hundreds of BONDO threads or pictures of half assed mounts.

I even like the back and forth arguments. Reminds me of evenings at Taxidermy shows. People need to lighten up a little.

On one of the BB I frequent the general RULE is to disrespect each other...that BB is thriving, Facebook and all.

By the way I downloaded the photo from my website and then uploaded it here in 30 seconds.

Attached Files:

3. Steve.J

Steve.J Member

Jimmy - what point was proven? If you start something as this thread with a post about all the negative things about TaxiNet and how it's going down hill, then did you not expect everyone else to dog pile on and continue the lame TaxiNet bashing session? Not to mention your post title. A lot of folks on here quick to criticize the site lately, but not one volunteers to step up and offer to help run it or ask how to get involved in a leadership role and attempt to make it better. That's the real problem here.

4. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Steve, the fact that this post, stating how far this page on t-net has fell to the wayside has 9 pages. NINE. In just a few days... and almost none of it talking about fish taxidermy, the page on which this post is featured..... yet The Month in Fish Pics has....2 . Two. T>W>O> pages. and not a large diverse group of people/artists such as yourself posting on it. But this post, has current events, politics, people who have never EVER posted on the Fish Taxidermy page... all chimed in.

my point is that this place is dead and burried. No one contributes to the Fish section anymore hardly. Especially with anything pertaining to the field of study.. which is and should be FISH.

sorry my post is, and was lame. i've never been one to run with the cool kids anyhow. thank you for addressing the real issue.

5. Steve.J

Steve.J Member

Concur with all, Jimmy. I would think that there needs to be a meeting of some sorts either face to face or better through a web meeting with the current leads or proponents of TaxiNet and a few up and coming leaders like yourself to figure all this out. We need to come to the table ready to discuss where we have come from, where we currently are with the Forum, where we would like to see it improved, and most importantly the gaps that need addressed to get there. How would we set something like that in motion? I'm up for it.

6. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Steve, in my opinion, thats kinda like tying a bone around the ugly kids neck so the dog will play with him. Either they want to, or they do not. The issues with the operations portion of this site will likely have to do with tech and money spent. As for involvement, there always seems to be an inflow, of various degrees, of people willing to put forth the effort to help. Positive outlooks can become negative, maybe from outside influences, but meeting wont help. We will always appreciate guys Like Jimmy who have excelled, and shared here. Our archives save that. Some will come back, and others will excell, to become the newest contributors.

I think Jim Tucker made some good points too.

7. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Correct me if I'm way off base here but, I feel folks get tired or bored with sharing their hard earned or costly knowledge to the general masses. I know I do, and many have way more experience than me. I tend to pick and choose what questions I answer and who's questions I give advise to. Sometimes I handle them by PM's. Maybe some of these folks, that have faded away, do the same. This is still a great place to network with folks from across the globe and there is no other avenue, that I know of, to do that. No matter what is done, there will never be a way to keep everyone happy, especially artistic folks.

8. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Bill I'm offended with that statement about the boy with the bone around his neck. That was me roflmao! well said.

9. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Frank....everyone here knows if you're from PA you really need something like a bone around your neck to be popular. I grew up with a bit more class since they hung a big lobster around my neck..lol HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

10. Bill Yox

...thats why I like JL. The lobsters!

11. PA

PA Well-Known Member

Hey, PA people are the best!

The only downfall I see is that fewer people are interested in the History sub-category. This may be the first time I posted in the fish category.

JL, do you know anyone who still sells bubble glass domes?

12. Mark V.

Mark V. Chinook Salmon replica

It's all the same bullshit no one in the younger generation give a crabs ass about taxidermy lol . they think were all crazy burned out old men he he . cmon guys some truth here lol he he , Mark V.

13. CCarlson

CCarlson Active Member

SteveJ this is certainly not an attack against you - hopefully this will gain some more traction, I was, and am still offering to help. I have experience with web design and some experience with Simple Machines Forums (the "software" that runs the forum). Ill help!

14. Steve.J

Steve.J Member

CCarlson - PM sent.

15. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

This thread is really starting to get funny.

Starting comittees to talk about forum issues...talk about entitlement!

How about they just decide to pull the plug?

The WHOLE WORLD is fighting these same issues. From business to music to animal lodges.

I don't know what YOU guys are doing but this forum works 100% of the time for me. How about looking at your device...your connection...or your internet/data provider. How many of those with issues are using Apple devices? Maybe thats the issue as the 3 different PC's, 3 different providers and the 2 different platforms I am using work just fine.

Posted from a Galaxy Tab 4
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. BEAVERS

BEAVERS New Member

Jim you can't past game heads in the fish category. Lmao

17. I think that when a new person on here asks a question we should answer it and not always send them to the archives. That way we keep them coming back and we all may learn something that is not in the archives.

18. Bill Yox

Good point. I think many have answered briefly, then suggested the archives for more detailed info. Some of us veterans of this site need to remember how it is when we first find a very interesting and informative site, while we were full of questions and uncertainty. Yes, we can read, yes we arent dumb, but also...yes, we are sure excitied to get started. Like whitetails and fish is saying, lets take advantage of that excitement they show, and keep them as new members.