1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Walleye forms

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by shorefisherman, Nov 5, 2015.

1. I usually use matt Thompson forms for my walleyes, but I can't find one there in the size I need facing right with tail up, where are some other good suppliers of walleye forms.

It's too late to carve my own since I measured, cut, then went to order the form only to find that one wasn't available.

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    John Rinehart walleye forms are also good, or order one close to right size and make it fit the skin.

3. Monty Artrip

Monty Artrip Active Member

The Tom Sexton Fishworks form are nice. I personally prefer tail down on most fish and carve the vast majority but understand your situation. I believe Fishworks are mostly tail up.

4. I just find one the right girth and close in length, then just shorten or lengthen the form. Preferably shorten, then I don't need to mix up foam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. I just find one the right girth and close in length, then just shorten or lengthen the form. Preferably shorten, then I don't need to mix up foam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. den007

den007 Active Member

Lake Country replicas are now marketing forms with great curvature and anatomical accuracy. As was said……they don't need to be exact…….rasp and sand!